STAFF ASSISTANT II (DSP&S)
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Close/First Review Date:
Evergreen Valley College
The Staff Assistant II (Disabilities Support Program & Services) reports to the Director of Student Services & Wellness at Evergreen Valley College. The work schedule is 11 months per year; 19.5 hours per week; Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday; 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.POSITION PURPOSE
Under the general supervision of a department supervisor, manager or academic staff member performs routine but somewhat varied clerical and general typing duties following standard procedures in support of the operations, preparation and maintenance of a variety of records and reports, or academic professional staff of an administrative or program office.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform routine but varied clerical duties requiring knowledge of general departmental and college practices and procedures.
2. Receive, screen, review and verify a variety of correspondence, documents or applications.
3. Maintain office files, reports, logs and a wide variety of memoranda.
4. Search for, compile and post data for a variety of reports.
5. Provide a central source of information on the activities of the office.
6. Receive, screen and/or direct visitors and telephone calls coming to the office and deliver messages.
7. Assist in the planning and carrying out the activities and procedures of the office.
8. Combine and type data from various source materials.
9. Type letter, reports, course and curriculum outlines, minutes of meetings, orders, notices, statistical data and a variety of other miscellaneous papers, forms, and documents of average difficulty from either clear copy or rough draft with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
10. Correctly utilize technical terms and foreign or unusual words.
11. Maintain records, check data and prepare standard reports.
12. Proof and check work for completeness, accuracy, format; make changes as recommended.
13. Code, enter, retrieve and maintain computerized student, financial, employee and program activity records using computer terminal or micro-processor.
14. Keep records of expenditures, maintain and monitor budget accounts for assigned budget categories.
15. Receive specific instructions when performing non-routine tasks.
16. Answer telephone and provide information in accordance with department, program or district policy.
17. Arrange and schedule meetings, notify participants, reserve meeting, assist and prepare materials needed.
18. Maintain accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates and schedules as they relate to assigned programs and services.
19. Screen mail and respond to routing inquiries using standardized formats.
20. Resolve routing problems/questions, referring unusual cases to supervisor.
21. Prepare various forms to relieve supervisor of routing personnel, budget and payroll functions.
22. Perform cashiering duties, receive and receipt cash payments and prove balance on cash receipts. Order and maintain stock of office supplies as necessary.
23. Perform other related duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge of:
1. Proper telephone techniques and etiquette.
2. Modern office methods, procedures and equipment including micro-computers, computer terminals and related software.
3. Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
4. Record-keeping principles and procedures.
5. Policies, procedures, organization and operating details of the department to which assigned.
6. Writing and composition of business letters.Skills and Ability to:
1. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
2. Operate office machines including a computer and applicable software.
3. Prepare and deliver oral presentations, research and report writing.
4. Perform routine clerical work without supervision.
5. Meet schedules and time lines.
6. Work independently with little direction and work effectively in a team.
7. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Education equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
2. One year of experience performing general office clerical work.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
District’s Diversity Requirements
Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced
Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District’s hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
$20.46 - $24.99 Annual Hourly (Range 54: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2019-2020). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
This position does NOT include District health benefits.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District’s emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency