PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Student Affairs)
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Close/First Review Date:
San Jose City College
The Program Coordinator (Student Affairs: Puente, Umoja, and San Jose Promise/Summer Bridge Programs) reports to the Dean of Academic Success and Student Equity at San Jose City College. The work schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This is a grant funded position contingent upon yearly funding.
This position is represented by the California School Employees Association (CSEA), Chapter 363.POSITION PURPOSE
Under the direction of an assigned administrator, coordinate program staff activities to assure implementation of program objectives; assure proper interpretation of procedures and regulations to provide for consistent delivery of program services.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate and oversee assigned programs; provide work direction and guidance to program staff to assure implementation of program policies and objectives.
2. Confer with faculty and staff regarding program activities.
3. Serve as a lead in assigned program in the absence of the administrator.
4. Initiate, organize and direct operational procedures of the program.
5. Research, monitor and interpret policy and regulations for eligibility requirements of assigned programs; monitor program for compliance to meet County and State regulations.
6. Advise students on program services and requirements; assist students with registration; respond to and resolve inquiries.
7. Maintain records and develop reports concerning new or ongoing programs and program effectiveness; prepare statistical reports as required.
8. Communicate with District and College employees to assess needs and respond to questions; explain and interpret District policies and procedures.
9. Monitor overall program budget expenditures and maintain accounting records for budget categories; prepare required reports for program funding and assure that deadlines are met.
10. Participate in the selection and hiring of full-time and part-time employees; provide, coordinate and lead employee training; assist employees with improving work performance and the implementation of disciplinary procedures for temporary and student employees as assigned.
11. Plan, prioritize, assign, schedule, lead and review the work of full-time and part-time staff responsible for specified operational and technical services.
12. Conduct assessment of student needs including monitoring and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures as they relate to the program services.
13. Perform related duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Basic operations, services and activities of assigned program.
2. Principles of providing work direction and guidance.
3. Pertinent federal, State and local laws, codes and safety regulations.
4. Recent developments, current literature and information related to program.
5. Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including a computer.Ability to:
1. Organize, train and monitor the work of technical and clerical personnel.
2. Recommend and implement goals and objectives for the program.
3. Interpret and explain District policies and procedures.
4. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
5. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Any combination of education, training and/or certification equivalent to: two years of college-level course work in a related area.
2. At least two years of administrative (clerical) experience involving heavy public contact and primary support to an individual or department.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
District’s Diversity Requirements
Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced
Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District’s hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
$64,633 - $78,895 Annual Salary (Range 96: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2019-2020). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 18 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District’s emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency