Human Resources Program Manager - Benefits
District Support Services Cntr
$59,694 - $95,511/annually, DOE Grade
118 Work Schedule
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends may be required
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7am-6pm Work Calendar
12 Months Maricopa Summary
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year?
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you're teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
About UsWhat's Currently Happening at Maricopa
Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program). Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance One of the largest community college systems in the country 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes 2019 No. 42 in Arizona's Best Employers Benefits
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Teladoc: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if applicable)
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
The Maricopa County Community Colleges Program Manager - Benefits
position provides District-wide preparation, review, approval and processing for employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and third party administrators (TPA). Collaborates closely with the procurement, legal, risk management, and coordinates review and input from them as appropriate. Serves as primary contact for all benefit program vendors. Essential Functions
60% - Ensures that all employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, employee assistance, flexible spending accounts, life, and disability are administered and managed appropriately, including renewals:
- Directs administration of health and welfare programs to ensure accuracy of enrollment, reports, invoicing and billing as well as to minimize user issues
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state requirements, filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee benefit programs either directly or through vendor/partners
- Ensures all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated, 5500 Filings are filed accurately and in a timely manner, and oversee annual plan audits
- Monitors administrative costs and recommends cost containment strategies, including alternate methods of administration
- Collaborates closely with areas such as procurement, legal, and risk management
20% - Manages MCCCD vendor relationships with benefits brokers, to include ongoing evaluation for competitive offerings and efficiencies:
- Partners with benefits consultant/broker to assess and analyze current trends and self-funded financial performance of MCCCD's benefit plans
- Provides regular reporting and strategic recommendations based on MCCCD and employee requirements and fiscal drivers
- Prepares requests for proposals (RFPs) for all employee benefit programs
20% - Manages effective communication of benefit strategies and programs to drive employee engagement and usage of health and welfare programs:
- Ensures benefit programs support MCCCD's strategic objectives by remaining knowledgeable of the key institutional goals
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Education, Educational Leadership, Human Resources, Business Administration, or Contract Administration, and five (5) years of program administration or management experience that includes two years of supervisory experience.
Associate's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Education, Educational Leadership, Human Resources, Business Administration, or Contract Administration, and seven (7) years of program administration or management experience that includes two years of supervisory experience.
High School Diploma/GED and nine (9) years of program administration or management experience that includes two years of supervisory experience. Desired Qualifications
A. Master's Degree in Education, Educational Leadership, Human Resources, Business Administration or Contract administration
B. Five (5) or more years of experience with program management, preferably in employee benefits programs
C. Demonstrated experience developing and managing cross-functional teams that include purchasing, finance, legal, compliance, communications, IT and other HR colleagues
D. Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining vendor relationships
E. Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated in the cover letter Special Working Conditions
Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D driver's license is required; must meet minimum standards regarding driving: http://business.maricopa.edu/risk-management/motor-vehicle-usage/motor-vehicle-driving-requirements
May be required to work at multiple sites or locations
May be required to lift or carry up to 25lbs
May be required to sit for a prolonged period of time; viewing a computer monitor How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume showing how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not
be accepted after the job posting has closed.Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be considered.
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following information.
Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position. Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time or; Part-Time employment, to include Adjunct or Associate Professor (must include number of hours worked, contact hours or load) Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held and name of employer for each position. Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview. Posting Close Date
Open until filledEEO Information
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. Title IX
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators
. Clery Act
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges
, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act
To apply, visit https://jobs.maricopa.edu/psp/MCPAHPRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1000&JobOpeningId=314979&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency