Adjunct ProfessorPosition Number:
Adjunct Professor, Chemistry Summer 2021Position Type:
Adjunct FacultyStatus of Position:
Prairie State College seeks experienced Adjunct Faculty to teach Chemistry for Summer 2021.
Course available in Summer 2021:
General Chemistry I (Chem 110) is the first semester General Chemistry course geared toward our science majors. The lecture will have a maximum of 22 students and each lab is capped at 22 students. THIS COURSE WILL BE TAUGHT ONLINE AND IS SYNCHRONOUS.
The course meets from June 7 through July 29, 2021.
Chem 110 (lecture and lab)
Lecture: Mon, Tues, Wed 09:00AM-10:50 AM
Lab: Mon 11:00AM-12:30PM
This course will also be available to teach for Fall 2021, but at different times.Minimum Qualifications:
1) Master of Science degree in the field of chemistry or related field with minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in chemistry (not chemistry education).Preferred Qualifications:
2) Experience in teaching General Chemistry for majors at college and/or university-level.
3) Experience teaching online.
4) Experience in conducting and supervising laboratory experiments.
5) Excellent oral and communication skills.
6) Be able to teach day and/or evening classes.
1) MS in ChemistryAnticipated Work Hours and Days:
See Position SummarySalary:
Per Union ContractPosting Date:
06/24/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically through Prairie State College website.