Part-Time Facilities Assistant II (Groundskeeper)
- Central Arizona College
- Coolidge, AZ
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Facilities Management & Sustainability
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Perform a variety of duties related to maintain the College's grounds in a safe, clean, and orderly condition. This is a part-time position and will work up to 19 hours per week.Responsibilities
- Clean exterior building grounds (may include walkways and athletic fields) according to established guidelines to ensure a safe and clean environment. Sweep and clean parking lots and checks curbs. Visually inspect grounds for cleanliness and areas in need of repair. Report problems to supervisor. Recommend actions appropriate to deter vandalism and other damage.
- Perform a variety of grounds-keeping tasks including seeding, maintaining lawns, applying fertilizer, landscaping activities, planting trees, flowers and shrubs, raking leaves, prune and trim trees, mow lawns, and preventive maintenance. Apply fertilizer or herbicides as directed in accordance to the guidelines on the MSDS sheets.
- Operate a variety of power tools and equipment in a safe manner, perform minor maintenance, and inform supervisor of equipment in need of repair or replacement.
- Install, repair, and maintain sprinkler and irrigation systems.
- Prepare and maintain the athletic fields to ensure that they are in safe condition and repair.
- Process and complete grounds work orders and completes a daily time activity log.
- Set up tables, chairs, and stages as needed for special activities and/or College or community events.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include participating in committee assignments and the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION: Ability to read, write, and perform math calculations. May need special license/rating
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years related experience
SALARY: $13.92 per hour - up to 19 hours per week
DEADLINE: Open until filled
SPECIAL POSITION CONDITIONS: Must have or be able to obtain an Arizona Driver's License and be insurable to drive college vehicles. This position may be required to work rotating shifts, which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Arizona Driver's License and ability to operate a motor vehicle in a proper and safe manner.
- Knowledge and skill in the methods and practices of grounds keeping (e.g. lawn/plant/shrub pruning and nurturing), according to establish schedules and seasons, landscaping, athletic field maintenance, and the use of fertilizers and herbicides as used in grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of current DOT highway safety laws and practices pertaining to the operation of the grounds equipment and College vehicles.
- Knowledge of the installation, repair, and maintenance of sprinkler and irrigation systems.
- Skill in the safe operation of heavy equipment used in grounds such as tractors and backhoes.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor including manual dexterity in the performance of a variety of grounds activities, and operation of a variety of hand and power tools and heavy equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a team in completing projects.
- Ability to recognize potentially dangerous and/or problems/emergency situations and inform the supervisor.
- Skill in communicating and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with College administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
Basic Level Interpersonal Skills: Position engages in or requires some or all of the following: General friendliness, courtesy, tact and effectiveness in dealing with others in everyday working relationships, including contacts to requests or provide information and/or exchange data; This level of skill is require for effective job performance; Position does not deal with confidential information; and Has limited to some contact with students, program participants, and/or the public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk seven (7) hours a day.
The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hand and arms for the operation of small grounds maintenance machines and equipment including hand loppers and clippers, line trimmers, blowers, chain saws, hedge trimmers, rotary-tiller, trencher, mower and edger. Climb or balance while trimming of trees and bushes; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl for repairs of sprinkler system and laying sod.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
Work out doors in inclement weather in sun, rain, wind, cold and may be exposed to dust or other air borne pollutants.
Ability to use a respirator as needed.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert