: Adjunct FacultySubscribe:
: Springfield, MAPosted:
: May 24, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: PT No BenefitsRef. No.:
: 2830Position ID:
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Collaborate with the Director and Course Coordinators in directing student learning experiences as appropriate for assigned clinical area.
- Prepare students to safely and effectively perform clinical skills.
- Coordinate student learning experiences with clinical agencies/nursing services staff.
- Negotiate with Course Nursing Faculty and clinical agencies to organize student orientation at the agency including any additional training that might be needed (such as computer and/or equipment training).
- Select student's daily clinical assignments.
- Direct student learning experiences as appropriate for assigned area.
- Conference with and counsel students as indicated. This includes collaborating with the course coordinator to assist students with issues related to achieving success in the clinical area.
- Conference with Course Nursing Faculty regarding student issues/problems/progress.
- Evaluate student assignments and provide constructive feedback.
- Complete student clinical evaluations.
- Initiate incident reports related to students and alert Course Nursing Faculty and the Chair of the situation.
- Participate in course planning and evaluation as well clinical site evaluation.
- Collaborate with Director and Faculty to identify future developments in health care systems related to clinical learning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Degree(s): Baccalaureate of Nursing. (5 years full-time clinical experience relevant to the area of Medical Surgical Nursing).
- Preferred Degree(s): Master of Science in Nursing.
- Required Field of Expertise: Two years of full-time clinical experience relevant to the area of Medical-Surgical.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Medical-Surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Required Licensure(s): Hold a current license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts, or be eligible to obtain a Massachusetts Registered Nurse license.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding professional education.
- Established ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to perform above job description.
- Must be able to work in a diverse environment.
This is a part time, non-benefited adjunct position with hours flexible to the needs of the department.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
With limited exceptions, all AIC employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. See the complete vaccination policy here.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.