The University of Denver Sturm College of Law seeks to hire a talented, team-oriented individual with excellent communications skills and a strong customer service orientation to serve as its Student Services Coordinator. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, the Student Services Coordinator provides operational and front desk support for the Office of Student Affairs, as well as front desk support for the Office of Admissions and Student Financial Management, which are co-located in a newly renovated office suite. Located on the campus of the University of Denver, the Sturm College of Law features an outstanding and diverse student body, a distinguished and internationally recognized faculty, a dedicated and highly professional staff, and an alumni base that has achieved distinction in law, business, government, public interest, and other professional domains.
Located on the campus of the University of Denver, the Sturm College of Law features an outstanding and diverse student body, a distinguished and internationally recognized faculty, a dedicated and highly professional staff, and an alumni base that has achieved distinction in law, business, government, public interest, and other professional domains.
- Provide front desk support for the Office of Student Affairs and the Office of Admissions and Student Financial Management, including: greeting visitors; answering phone calls and e-mail; responding to inquiries from applicants and students; assisting students with general academic matters; and providing general administrative support.
- Collaborate on the planning, advertising, and delivery of various programs sponsored by the Office of Student Affairs, including its
- Peer Mentor and Wellness Programs.
- Contribute to the organization and execution of various events sponsored by the Office of Student Affairs, including Orientation, the Student Awards Ceremony, and Graduation.
- Manage the law schools Events & Announcements System and its associated Posting & Advertising Policy, including postings in the law building and on social media.
- Design and manage weekly Events emails and the Student Affairs Newsletter.
- Manage note-taking accommodations, including communicating with students and monitoring uploads of notes.
- Assist with the administration of exams for students with accommodations. (Note: This task may require working later than normal business hours 5-10 days per year.)
- Maintain office supplies and manage supply-related budgeting.
- Hire and manage student employees.
- Manage and facilitate usage by members of the community of the law schools student lockers, Reflection Room, and Lactation Room.
- Assist with scheduling meetings between students and the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent comnination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a customer service position.
- Experience working with Windows and Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with periodic interruptions.
- One year of administrative experience in a reception and/or customer-facing position.
- Work experience in a higher educational environment.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, June 7th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 6.
The hourly range for the position is $18.39 - $21.45.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.