Barton College currently has an opening for a full-time Assistant Director of Admissions responsible for managing and recruiting a specified territory with enrollment goals for the College. May require working some nights and/or weekends in support of College events as needed.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with students and parents on a daily basis concerning Barton College and admissions requirements.
- Work in an atmosphere where goals are set and reached based on the institution’s expectations.
- Willingness to travel independently for consecutive nights.
- Skills to learn and work with Jenzabar SIS and a CRM on a daily basis.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings to reach goals.
- Build relationships with high school counselors, independent consultants, vendors, and other constitutants that influence a student’s college decision process.
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere while still possessing a strong independent work ethic.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Exhibit a positive and vibrant presence within an office atmosphere, as well as throughout communication with prospective students and their families.
- Knowledge of virtual presentation software and willingness to learn new virtual communication skills.
Routinely travel by car and alternative modes of transportation as needed. Subject to other environments where recruitment of students takes. This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Requires traveling on an on-going basis by car and alternative modes of transportation as needed. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time and to operate a vehicle effectively. Traditionally, each travel case weighs no more than 50 pounds, and duties occasionally require the lifting of objects.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft products and knowledge of social media
- Familiarity with Jenzabar preferred
- Social media experience, virtual communication skills, and fluency in Spanish a plus
- Must be proficient in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to be discreet in handling confidential and proprietary information appropriately
- Proven track record of reliability, responsibility, and integrity
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to work independent of direct supervision
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to be detail-oriented
Please submit a current resume and contact information for at least three professional references (all should be MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources, at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or [email protected].