Director - Student Life and Engagement Location:
Atl Metropolitan State College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
Job Summary The Director - Student Activities oversees student workers and the administration of campus student activity programs and services. This position oversees co-curricular, recreational, social, and cultural programming, student development, and advising of student organizations. Additionally, this position will be responsible for leading and managing the student conduct process of the campus. Responsibilities
- Directs the operations of the Office of Student Life and Engagement.
- Facilitate the student conduct and judicial process, which includes the training of board members and hearing officers, regularly updating the student conduct code, and staying abreast and current with best and accepted USG practices of student conduct.
- Oversees the staffing of multiple recreational areas including the game room, fitness center, and free play basketball.
- Coordinates strategic planning efforts for the unit to develop unit goals.
- Advises the student government association and serves on advisory team for the University System of Georgia Board of Regents.
- Coordinates student development programs with other staff and student leaders.
- Meets with various constituents of the college, both internally and externally.
- Manages the fiscal resources of the student activities program.
- Conducts and coordinates the leadership training program for student leaders.
- Facilitate the student conduct and judicial process.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications Bachelors degree is required for this position. . Minimum of three years’ experience in a related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications
- Masters degree in Student Personnel or a related degree
- Previous experience in student life/student development
- Previous experience in student conduct
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong oral and written communication skills and good listening skill. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.Requires the ability to make recommendations that impact the budget.Requires the ability to manage the budget within assigned unit/division.Requires the ability to use small office equipment, including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems.Requires the ability to use computers for word processing and/or accounting purposes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.
EVerify # 111036
Other Information The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel including the use of a computer keyboard.NOTICE
: The above job profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact Human Resources to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. An employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential function of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.