21-May-2021 to 29-Jul-2021 (EST) Campus Store Boca Raton, FL, USA Part TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Campus Store Clerk.
The Campus Store Clerk under the supervision of the Campus Store Manager performs a wide range of duties and responsibilities from inventory control, customer service, cash register reconciliation, cleaning, and other duties as required to effective and efficiently run the campus store. This is a part time position - 19 hours a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains or receives merchandise
- Processes and packages online orders to be shipped
- Total bills, accepts payment, and makes change for customers
- Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise
- Helps to set up advertising display or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales
- Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise
- Enters merchandise inventory information into Point Of Sale system, and processes sales through the same system
- Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer
- Answers customer's questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise
- Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customers
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customers
- Cleans shelves, counters or tables
- Removes and records amount of cash, credit card slips, gift certificates, checks in register at end of day balancing it with the totals provided by the Point Of Sale System
- Other duties as assigned
Accreditation and equal opportunity
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience or equivalent combination of both
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.