Requisition Number:30717Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:31-Jul-2021Date Posted:20-Jul-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe University of Colorado Boulder and Housing and Dining Services is seeking applications for a Custodian! This position will manage many tasks related to basic cleaning, recycling/composting, sanitation, chemical handling, equipment maintenance, and other miscellaneous work as needed to upkeep our facilities.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreAt CU Boulder we are proud to offer state of the art dining in award winning facilities. Our dining venues are backed by a dedicated staff who strive to make each student's experience the best it can be. At Campus Dining Services we are committed to serving delicious, innovative, sustainable and healthy food options to the CU Community. We encompass these values through a variety of education opportunities, community-building events and regular programming. Our staff engage with students to create life-long habits that contribute to healthy bodies and healthy minds. We are also proud to serve roughly 3,000,000 meals in our dining venues each year.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeCleaning, Vacuuming and Recycle/Composting:
- Dust and wash/clean: windowsills, blinds, woodwork, doors, elevator walls, overhead pipes, light fixtures, furniture, and equipment.
- Ensure that all reusable hand towels are in appropriate container for pick up from linen company and that clean linens are distributed.
- Ensure all coolers and freezers are clean and sanitized.
- Schedule and handle cleaning of all dry goods store rooms.
- Use backpack vacuum and spot cleaner to thoroughly clean all four dining floor surfaces, stairwells and upholstery as needed. Vacuum entryway mats and elevator door tracks daily.
- Schedule all daily cleaning of hard surface floors with floor scrubber.
- Empty the contents of all compost, trash and recycling receptacles and properly dispose of materials in the appropriate containers.
- Schedule and perform detailed cleaning of all trash, compost, recycling receptacles including dock compost dumpster daily or as needed.
Chemical and Sanitation:
- Ensures that appropriate chemicals are used for specific tasks and perform titrate tests weekly on all chemical sanitation dispensers.
- Confirm that all safety data sheets are present and in designated locations and updated.
- Guarantee all spray bottles are labeled and stored correctly.
- Ensure all hand sinks and mop sinks are fully stocked daily with appropriate materials and chemicals dispensing at correct concentration.
- Clean and perform minor maintenance on all custodial equipment to maintain proper working order, and report all recommended repairs as needed.
- Maintain the custodial workstation in a clean, organized, and safe manner, while adding water to floor drains as needed.
- Empty and clean all vacuums and buckets daily.
Emergency and Miscellaneous Work:
- Maintain inventory of emergency overnight kits and perform initial emergency clean-up, which may include cleaning water, bodily fluids, or debris.
- Extract carpeted floors and upholstered furniture with disinfectant.
- Stripping and finishing of hard surface floors as assigned.
- Move or assist in the moving of heavy furniture.
- Close all windows, turn off lights and lock doors.
- Assist with the set up and break down of special events as directed.
- Any duties assigned by the supervisor to fit the needs of the business.
What You Should KnowThis full-time position is eligible for the following benefits:
- EcoPass for free RTD rides.
- Paid days off: 22 vacation days, 15 sick leave days, and 10 holidays.
- Access to Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- A 10% employer contribution retirement plan.
- Opportunity for career growth!
Please be aware that dining is considered essential services.What We Can Offer
- The pay rate for this position is $13.37 - $15.00 per hour (annual salary range of $27,816 - $31,200).
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Empowered. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Six months work experience.
What You Will Need
- Enjoy working in a fast paced team driven environment.
- Ability to learn and understand how to check email.
- Capability to provide excellent customer service in high contact cleaning locations, everywhere our students and staff go.
- Sensitivity to, and respect of cultural, political and geographical differences with the ability to work will with students, faculty, and staff from around the world.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Work experience as a custodian, janitor, or a similar role.
- Basic knowledge of Safety Data Sheets and industrial cleaning equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of safety protocols such as the use of chemicals.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time. Please apply by July 31, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]