Faculty Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department:
Department of Teacher Education and Social Work Primary Location:
Faculty Job Type:
Full Time Position Close Date:
Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is a full-time, tenure-track, 10-month academic year Assistant Professor of Social Work position available in the Department of Teacher Education and Social Work. This position will teach in the undergraduate social work program, have the opportunity to conduct research, and to work collaboratively with colleagues and students in a creative inclusive learning environment.
- Teaching four courses each semester including fully online, face to face, and courses involving placement experiences.
- Academic advising of social work majors.
- Serving on departmental, school and college committees.
- Assisting in the accreditation and growth of the social work program.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Program Director, Department Chair or designee.
- College teaching experience.
- MSW, with 2 years post-MSW experience required.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Ability to effectively engage with colleagues, staff and administrators to develop ways to improve the educational experience of students.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated capacity and interest for collaborative teaching.
- Current knowledge of academic assessment practices.
- Familiarity with CSWE Standards and the accreditation process.
- Experience teaching field education.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position open until filled.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “Assistant Professor of Social Work”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Faculty application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; curriculum vitae; philosophy of teaching; four professional references and unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts of all institutions attended. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Faculty Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D