Assistant Women's Soccer CoachStatus of Position:
Hourly - Academic YearFLSA:
Non ExemptPosition Summary:
The Assistant Coach is responsible for providing assistance with the development and operation of the soccer program. The Assistant Coach will assist in leadership, direction and guidance efforts for the entire program.Reporting Relationship:
Direct reporting relationship to the Head Soccer Coach.Essential Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to the organization of the total program and provide support and cooperation to all levels of sports at Prairie State College. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Assist with the recruitment of student-athletes and provide direct assistance to academic achievement related matters.
3. Demonstrate an adequate understanding of by-laws and regulations as defined by the Illinois Skyway Conference and the NJCAA, including rules and rule changes.
4. Demonstrate professionalism in all dealings with student-athletes, parents, staff members, administration, media and the public.
5. Show a willingness to work within the confines and limitations of an intercollegiate athletic program.
6. Contribute to the organization and development of related clinics and workshops conducted by the athletic department.
7. Perform affiliated duties assigned, as deemed appropriate by the Head Baseball Coach, in addition to the delineated responsibilities.
8. Represent the College in national and regional coaching associations and organizations affiliated with the program.
The employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. The nature of the work requires that the individual possess a tremendous amount of energy and enthusiasm and be willing to do light work which may require lifting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally. Must be able to operate equipment involving arm and leg controls.Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school diploma or equivalentPreferred Qualifications:
2. Previous coaching experience as a head coach or assistant coach in a college/university or high school setting.
3. Ability to assist in recruitment of student-athletes and operate under NJCAA by-laws and regulations.
4. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills necessary to interface with students, faculty and general public.
5. Experience working with a culturally diverse student population.
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license, as providing transportation to and from contests, via the use of Prairie State College vehicles, is required.
1. Associate degreeAnticipated Work Hours and Days:
2. Two years head coaching experience at an institution of higher learning.
3. Evidence of organizational abilities to conduct athletic related clinics and workshops.
06/18/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically through Prairie State College website.