Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Online Adjunct Professor | Sport ManagementDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
Liberty University is seeking exceptional online adjunct faculty to teach and prepare students for the critical thinking needed to launch a career or obtain a promotion in Sport Management. Work with us and be part of preparing students to successfully lead with integrity and equip them for careers in recreation, tourism and sport industries.
Classes are available at the undergraduate and graduate levels. For every level of degree program, there are a wide variety of courses that may fit your academic and professional experiences. Sport management programs include classes in Communication and Public Relations, Finance, Law, Facilities and Events, Marketing,, Sport Venue Management, Conference and Event Management.
Classes are offered in an asynchronous format, with eight 8-week terms offered each year. Class assignments are done only at the request of the faculty member, with no minimum number of class assignments required.
Online faculty expectations:
• It is expected that an online faculty member will model a personal commitment to the goals and values of Liberty University, engage in an active commitment to, and experience of, personal spiritual formation within a biblically-informed Christian worldview. Candidate must be committed to the evangelical standards and mission of Liberty University.Minimum Qualifications:
• Teach from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
• Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
• Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
• Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive conduct with students and by getting in touch with, and offering assistance to absent students.
• Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
• Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
• Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
To teach at the baccalaureate level, faculty will need to possess a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the related discipline with experience desired. Relevant certifications are a definite plus.
To teach at the Master’s or Doctoral levels, faculty will need to possess a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the related discipline and hold a related, conferred terminal degree.
All degrees must be earned from an institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.Preferred Qualifications:
3-5 years of teaching experience
Experience in Sport Management FieldWork Hours: