Mount Mary University is seeking an individual to join our community and contribute to the realization of our Mission through the role of an Interprofessional Simulation Coordinator. The Interprofessional Simulation Coordinator leads the activities of the Interprofessional Simulation Center for Mount Mary's Health Sciences Programs. This position is responsible for managing daily simulation lab operations, designing and evaluating simulation cases based on educational principles, ensuring growth of the simulation program, updating programs/cases based on latest evidence, and conducting evaluation.
- Provide leadership, management, and coordination of simulation learning experiences.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate simulation-based education and events, learning objectives, case scenarios, program planning, evaluation tools and other needs of programs utilizing the Interprofessional Simulation Center.
- Develop and maintain skills to operate high fidelity simulators; provide training and develop policies and procedures for students and faculty.
- Incorporate current and relevant practice of procedural simulation and clinical reasoning and best practice standards for simulation scenarios.
- Assure relevance and excellence in Simulation Student Learning Outcomes (SSLO), including skill competency, based on the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) and Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) guidelines and standards.
- Provides faculty development related to the use of simulation.
- Hire and train student simulation technicians.
- Prepare equipment and supplies, chart paperwork, design, set up and coordinate activities for simulation sessions.
- Assist students in the practice and reinforcement of technical skills in the Interprofessional Simulation Center.
- Participate in program recruitment and marketing including providing tours for potential students and other special interest groups.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of established professional codes of ethics and best practices for baccalaureate nursing education.
- Demonstrate commitment to promoting inclusiveness and cultural competence; experience working with underrepresented students and students from at-risk backgrounds.
- Serve on Nursing and University committees and contribute to curriculum and program review.
- Manifest a commitment to the mission of Mount Mary University by being responsive to the needs of diverse learners
- Serves as a liaison with area health care facilities regarding practice policy changes that impact simulation learning activities.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in nursing or interprofessional simulation education
- Bachelors or higher degree in health sciences related field and/or information technology
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Can be scheduled for up to 40 hours a week
- On MMU campus
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.