Job no: 498651Job Title:
Department: King Library
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Temporary Coordinator Library Facilities and PlanningJob Summary:
Temporary Coordinator Library Facilities and Planning to perform a wide variety of complex professional support duties in the management of library facilities; to assist in the oversight of project activities, to process administrative matters related to facilities and projects; and to provide professional support to senior library leadership. The University Libraries are engaged in an annual continuing strategic planning process (lib.miamioh.edu/strategic/) attendant to the university’s strategic plan (https://miamioh.edu/about-miami/leadership/president/strategic-plan/). Living our values, we aspire to be welcoming, curious, collaborative, and trailblazing.Duties/Physical Demands:
• Develop, formalize, and implement both short-term and long-term plans, goals, and objectives for library spacesMinimum Qualifications:
• Develop facilities operational strategies working with library leadership and campus stakeholders.
• Understand the needs of library facilities maintenance services, routine/preventative maintenance, and long-term stewardship.
• Develop policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of facilities services.
• Remain current in new practices, products, or systems that improve delivery of services.
• Proficiency reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications
• Occasional weekend, holiday, or evening work and some travel required
• Organize and assign work orders in accordance with priorities
• Maintain all key forms and assist in maintaining the key inventory and oversee door access control
• Be on-site as needed for various events to ensure that Facilities responsibilities run smoothly, including weekend events
• Exhibit initiative/independent thinking in solving problems and identifying and accomplishing unassigned job tasks
• Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
• Participate in the development of project plans, designs, bid and construction schedules and project budget preparation
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of library facilities updates
• Provide onsite coordination of moves and move management for facilities related projects
• Perform related duties as assigned
• Supervise any and all classified and student staff within Library Facilities
• Serve as emergency contact
• Serve as liaison with Physical Facilities Department (PFD)
• Liaison with University Police on matters related to building security
Bachelor degree, basic knowledge of building maintenance and emergency management, effective oral and written communications skills, organizational skills, minimal lifting and carrying/transporting materials. Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.)
Inquiries about the position can be directed to Stanley Brown at [email protected]EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications begins June 2, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 19 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time