The Tambellini Group is the leading independent technology research and advisory firm dedicated exclusively to higher education. We are a diverse team of experts who are passionate about helping colleges and universities succeed. We are looking for a successful Account Executive to grow our annual memberships with higher education institutions and solution providers serving the market.
To be successful, the candidate will need to have demonstrated leadership in developing new business, preferably selling annual memberships, and building strategic, long-term, and high-value relationships with new and existing customers.
- Establish and maintain lasting relationships with members and their executive teams
- Build a robust sales pipeline and manage opportunities from lead generation to closure to ensure quota attainment
- Maintain accurate forecast metrics throughout the sales process
- Understand and keep up-to-date with the higher education technology industry and competitive landscape knowledge
- Supply management with information on a regular basis regarding customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of sales experience; higher education industry experience strongly preferred
- Proven understanding of the sales process; including lead generation, qualification, opportunity creation, and closing strategies
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships
- Experience selling membership or analyst services or working in an analyst firm preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute high-value sales and meet quotas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills to executive level individuals
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and Salesforce