Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to [email protected]
Please indicate the job code MC-BODS in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
Job Details Title:
Box Office/Database Specialist for the Miller CenterAnnounce date:
05/19/2021Apply by date:
Position FilledPosition type:
$28,900 per year Working Hours:
Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.Summary:
The Box Office/Database Specialist processes ticket sales for the Miller Center and assists with upgrades, group sales, and will call, and keeps the Miller Center database updated. Provides additional administrative support to the Miller Center as needed. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers with purchase decisions.
- Assist in Group sales.
- Resolve customer conflicts with guidance from supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge of items currently available to customers.
- Understand and relate purchasing policies to customers.
- Collect complete and accurate data from customers.
- Process phone and in person orders.
- Provide feedback in regard to customer entertainment preference and purchasing habits.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures and reconcile daily transactions.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a genuine interest in helping others.
- Work regular weekly shifts, including days, weekends and evening as assigned.
- Assist with incoming and outgoing customer calls.
- Ascertain and resolve customer concerns, requests, and/or complaints in a timely, courteous and informed manner.
- Contribute to the environment of the box office in a manner that is conducive to customer service, sales promotion, safety, and quality of work life.
- Ensure the ticketing systems records are maintained and accurate
- Maintain quality database entry practices when completing regular database maintenance projects.
- Merge “Arts Focused” entities in the larger RACC Database with the Miller Center Database
- Assist with night of show walk up sales and will call distribution.
- Troubleshoot night of show customer issues in a professional manner.
- Use Social Media to promote upcoming events.
- Perform other duties as required.
There are no supervisory duties. Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in the performing arts
- Customer service experience, preferably in the ticketing, entertainment, non-profit arts or hospitality industries
- Skill using computer software programs including point of sale systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Photoshop
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures, and fiscal responsibility
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Possess high standards of integrity, credibility, and reliability
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism at all circumstances
- Works well independently and in a group setting, a true team player
- Highly motivated self-starter, a hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in assisting customers and staff
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with customers and interact via telephone and in person with customers.
The successful candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Adept in social media tools. Experience with Photoshop helpful. Skill using computer software programs including point of sale systems.Communication Skills:
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations. Mathematical Skills:
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.