Temporary Instructor (Academic and Elective) Location:
Savannah State Recruiting Loc Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Savannah State University established in 1890, is the oldest public historically black college or university in Georgia and the oldest institution of higher learning in the city of Savannah. The university’s students select majors from four colleges — Business Administration, Education, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and Sciences and Technology. The campus is by far the most picturesque in the state of Georgia. The moss-laden sweeping oak trees, expansive marsh and historic architecture create a resplendent yet tranquil atmosphere. Beneath the beauty and splendor is a vibrant residential campus bursting at the seams with the vim and vigor of quality collegiate life: relevant academic majors, engaging lectures, cutting-edge research, quality student-faculty engagement and a nurturing environment.
Savannah State University seeks qualified applicants for Temporary Summer Instructors in the following subjects: Science, Math, Social Studies, Language Arts, Sign Language, African Drums, Foreign Language, Art, Dance, Robotics, and Computer Science. This is a part time grant funded position. Classes will be held virtually and should assist middle and high school students in academic and cultural enrichment.
- Provide engaging and interactive instruction to summer participants
- Prepare and submit lesson plans to the ETS Director
- Create pre and post test assessments where applicable
- Build rapport with ETS participants
- Provide student evalation
- Classroom management is an integral part of these responsibilities
- Assist with program activities
- Applicants should have a minimum Bachelor's Degree in Secondary Education (subject area) or related subject area.
- Teaching Certificate and/or Community College or four year college teaching experience.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Experience working with economically challenged/first generation college bound students
- Must attend mandatory training/orientation workshops and adhear to program policies and procedures
- Preference is given to applicants who are from low-income and first-generation college student backgrounds.
- Experience working in TRIO Programs preferred.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at [email protected] For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at [email protected]
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Savannah State University, as determined by Savannah State University, its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savannah State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Savannah State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Savannah State University, Office of Human Resources at [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Office of Human Resources at [email protected]