: Continuing Ed, Training and Workforce DevelopmentLocations:
: Skokie, ILPosted:
: May 18, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Continuing Education, Training, and Workforce Development is seeking a passionate and dedicated instructor with strong technology skills to teach Adult Education classes that prepare students to pass their High School Equivalency exams (GED/HiSet) and transition to college and/or career.
We are particularly looking for instructors who can teach with enthusiasm as well as design and implement educational activities using a variety of teaching strategies. Further, it is the responsibility of instructors to support the goals of the Adult Education division and strive to create an effective learning environment for a diverse population of students.
1. Provide direct and engaging instruction in a remote setting with potential for future hybrid/in-person teaching.
2. Utilize online learning platforms and digital tools to enhance student engagement and learning.
3. Willingness to learn online tools and learning platforms to enhance instruction.
4. Adapt and differentiate instruction to accommodate diverse learning needs.
5. Maintain strong relationships with students, contacting them as needed with the intent to promote persistence and retention.
6. Comply with departmental curricula, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, assessments, and other established processes.
7. Monitor student progress, report outcomes, and refer students for additional assessments and/or support services.
8. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA, ADA, and other regulatory legislations.
- BA in Education, Mathematics, or related field (MA preferred)
- At least 3 years instructional experience, preferably in Adult Education/High School Equivalency
- Strong digital and technology skills
- Experience teaching remotely (particularly using Zoom)
- Knowledge of GED and HiSet exams
- Morning, afternoon, and/or evening availability
- IL ABE/ASE Standards Proficient certificate preferred
Pay rate: $30/hour
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.