18-May-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the Maintenance Foreperson position in the Facilities Operations Department.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
The Maintenance Foreperson directs and performs skilled maintenance work in the installation, operation, repair and maintenance of the campus facilities. This position is responsible for planning and scheduling daily and weekly maintenance activities and assign work to the maintenance technicians. The Foreperson also assists in developing, implementing, and monitoring preventive maintenance programs for the campus facilities. This position supervises technicians assigned to the Facilities Maintenance Department and other personnel as required.
This full-time, 12-month position reports to the Assistant Director for Facilities Operations and is subject to evening hours, weekends, and emergency call-outs.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists the Assistant Director for Facilities Operations with ensuring that all facilities are well maintained, and safe by planning and scheduling daily and weekly maintenance activities.Assures completion of assigned maintenance and repair tasks by monitoring work progress, inspecting work performance and providing corrections of any deficiencies as necessary.Performs highly skilled maintenance (as needed) in the installation, operation, maintenance, modification of building systems.Assures that maintenance personnel have the equipment and supplies necessary to perform their duties.Promotes preventive maintenance as a strategy to maintain the campus facilities.Reduces the likelihood of a significant disruption of services to the University and assures around-the- clock responsiveness to system failures or emergency situations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least six years of progressive experience is required in the installation, repair, and maintenance of industrial or commercial HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to use computers.
- Supervisory skills, administrative ability and computer literacy are required.
- Be able to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis; prolong standing, and frequent bending, stooping, and reaching daily.
EPA Type III certification.
- Eight (8) years relevant work experience.
- Experience with building automation systems.
- Completion of journey level program in a maintenance trade.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com