ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, DIGITAL MEDIA, Athletics, Marketing & Communications Tracking Code6879 Job Description
The Assistant Director of Digital Media produces digital photo and video content for the Department of Athletics, with the primary focus to increase visibility and advance its mission. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Digital Media within the Department of Athletics marketing communications office, this position has an integral role in all digital photo and video projects for communications campaigns across web and social assets.
- This position schedules and executes video shoots, works with colleagues and both internal and external subjects to shape messaging, style, and scope of video projects, and assists with drafting scripts and other written content in support of the Department of Athletics projects
- This position is essential in executing and implementing strategic campaigns that involve digital photo and video components
- This position is involved from concept and storyboarding to scheduling, scouting and reserving locations, obtaining permissions, filming, editing, and producing content that meets project objectives, reinforces communication strategy, and aligns with the BU Athletics brand
- Must be able to envision and shape ideas generated from various constituents of the Department and will require an ability to work conceptually with individual products developed through an ongoing process between the videographer and the internal client rather than a set of directives
- This position will work closely to design campaigns and provide the technical expertise to ensure concepts are translated into the digital deliverable
- During selected shoots, this position will be the lead, making real-time decisions related to the shoot
- During post-production, this position will make choices in terms of editing the video and then work with the Communications team and client to ensure the product is impactful and meets objectives
- B.A./B.S. and three to five years of related work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular