A.T. Still University's College of General Health Sciences (ATSU-CGHS) invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor on the Mesa, Arizona campus to engage in public health instruction with a commitment to excellence in teaching, service to the College and University, research that is collaborative and aligns with the mission of the University, service as a practicum advisor, and rewriting curriculum where appropriate. Specifically, the primary objectives of this position are to teach and develop courses in public health; directing the certificate in public health in collaboration between the ASDOH & CGHS, A.T. Still University; recruiting and working with ASDOH students to continue on with their public health courses so as to receive an MPH.
- Develop and deliver web-based courses in the public health program as assigned by the department chair.
- Serve on departmental, school, and university committees as assigned.
- Conduct professional scholarship and service as appropriate.
Teaching online courses including: facilitating student learning through regular interaction with the students, developing and leading content expert discussions, grading and providing feedback for assignments, communicating any student concerns to department chair, and developing a proficiency in using the online learning management system. Serve on departmental, school, and university committees as assigned. Professional scholarship and service as appropriate. Other duties as assigned by the department chair, dean, or other institutional administrators.
- DDS or DMD and Public Health degree required
- Thorough knowledge of instructional design and methodology specific to distance learning and adult education
- Thorough knowledge of principles of dental public health
- Teaching in a higher education/distance education environment (minimum of 2 years)
- Five years experience in dental public health preferred
- Board Certified - Diplomat of the American Board of Dental Public Health, preferred
- Highly skilled in using educational technology, such as course delivery systems (Blackboard, Canvas other)
- Highly skilled in positively interacting with students at a post-graduate level
- Skilled in the development, and implementation of instructional media for teaching courses
- Computer skills, Excel, Word, collaboration, consensus building, grant/project management, leadership, ethics, program planning
- Candidate must be student centered and able to work with a multitude of different writing levels and personalities
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective decision-making and prioritizing
- Ability to perform duties autonomously with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality
- Preferred location for candidate is the Phoenix, Arizona