Academic Support Assistant
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world. Academic Support Assistant Staten Island Campus Job Summary:
Reporting to the Senior Assistant Dean, this individual will provide administrative and clerical support for the assistant deans of The Lesley H. & William L. Collins College of Professional Studies (CCPS) on our Staten Island Campus. This individual will also assist with the day-to-day operations of the CCPS Dean's Staten Island Office and will have daily contact with students, faculty, and other members of the University community. They must be highly motivated and have the ability to analyze, organize and see a task to its completion and be dedicated to our student service goals as well as our Vincentian Mission. The individual should possess intermediate skill levels in Office 365 applications and be able to master University-specific software programs.Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the assistant deans of CCPS, including but not limited to basic office duties such as answering phones, distributing mail, scheduling appointments, faxing, preparing
- correspondence, filing, ordering supplies, coordinating meetings and events, and utilizing the appropriate remote technology (Webex, Zoom, Microsoft Teams) when applicable.
- Ensure that supplies, forms, records, brochures, etc., are efficiently managed and available at all times.
- Handle reception and student, faculty, administrator, and guest contact with the assistant deans of CCPS.
- Support assistant deans with academic advisement, planning and executing student events (remote and in-person), preparing reports as needed and other correspondence, coordinating make-up exams, and marketing initiatives for the college and specific academic programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Assistant Dean and/or the Dean of CCPS.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum two years of office experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- High quality time management, organizational skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- The flexibility and resourcefulness work in a partially or fully remote environment as required.
- The ability to gain and maintain confidence and cooperation of faculty, administration, students, and other members of the University community.
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit intermediate skill level in the use of Office 365, especially MS Word, Excel, and One Drive.
- The ability to master specific University including but not limited to Banner, Degree Works, Emma, and Formstack.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/StJohnsEdu/Careers/jobs/218723
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency