Associate Director for Clinical Services, Center for Counseling and Consultation
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world. Associate Director for Clinical Services Center for Counseling and ConsultationPosition Description:
Under the direction of the Director for Center for Counseling and Consultation (CCC), the Associate Director for Clinical Services assists the CCC Director in implementing strategic initiatives and the day to day operations of the CCC. In addition, the clinical director's responsibilities includes setting and updating clinical policy and procedures, providing guidance to clinicians making clinical judgments. The Associate Director for Clinical Services creates coverage plan for the center and builds the strategy for clinical services and managing assignment of clients, providing clinical supervision to staff members prior to their clinical licensure, implementation of the Health Related Leave Policy for the University and regularly produce reports regarding clinical services. The clinical director will also assist with the implementation of campus wide mental health screening (i.e., ISP) and coordination of care with the St. John's Helpline (i.e., Protocol). Some evening and weekend hours will be required. Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day clinical operations include insuring the adequate provision of intake and triage appointments, supervision and case consultation, building clinical schedules for clinical staff and clinical fellows, manage the CCC After-Hours on-call service, manage the Interactive Screening Program, ensure clinical forms and tools are updated and effective (e.g., AUDIT, SDA, Titanium, and CCAPS), monitor clinical flow, monitor clinician to ensure notes are completed in a timely manner (per policy and procedure manual), provide direct training and staff clinical orientation, Chair the Quality Assurance Team and oversees peer reviews.
- Chair weekly clinical meeting, provide administrative and clinical supervision to staff as assigned by the Director, process Release of Information (ROI) requests from students, provide back-up for clinicians who are out of the office, provide administrative & clinical oversight for psychiatrist, prepare monthly clinical reports for clinical services, and write clinical procedures and policies in consultation with Director.
- The implementation of the University Health Related of Leave policy requires reviewing of application, gather of necessary documentation, contact with student, family member, or treatment provider, and presentation of these cases to the Health Related Leave Committee for student requesting for Health Related Leave and return from Health Related Leave.
- Provides culturally informed direct clinical services to students including individual and group psychotherapy, assessment, and triage, and crisis intervention. Maintain clinical records according to professional legal and ethical standards.
- Provides consultation, outreach programming, and committee work. Maintains collaborative relationships with members of the university community. Offers outreach programs including training and workshops and serves on designated committees.
- Due to the nature of the position, extra work and flexible hours including evenings and weekends may be needed during campus or department emergencies.
- Licensed psychologist will practice in accordance with the ethics of the American Psychological Association, state law and licensing regulations, and departmental guidelines and policies.
- Maintain psychologist license in the State of New York.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Doctorate, Licensed Psychologist (must obtain license in the State of New York within six (6) months of date of hire).
- Degree must be in Clinical or Counseling Psychology (Doctorate of Psychology).
- Experience: 7 to 10 years preferred
- Prior administrative experience in clinical setting; preferably in a counseling services.
- Strong clinical background in crisis intervention and multicultural counseling skills and experience working with diverse populations.
- Strong diagnostic and therapeutic skills, particularly using short-term treatment models.
- Experience in providing training and supervision to clinical fellows.
- Experience in providing group counseling.
- Experience in use of electronic health records software (i.e., Titanium, Medicat)
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/StJohnsEdu/Careers/jobs/218721
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency