Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Online Adjunct Professor - Master of Public Health PracticumDoes this position require driving?:
Megan Bishop or Dr. Brendan HaynieContact Phone Ext:
434-592-6530 or 434-582-7447Contact Email:
[email protected] or [email protected]Job Summary/Basic Function:
Seeking an online adjunct faculty member to be responsible for teaching students in graduate level Master of Public Health program. Teaching responsibilities will include preparing and disseminating weekly announcements, communicating with students via e-mails, preparing course videos, moderating discussion board forums, and grading weekly. The adjunct will be expected to respond to e-mails within 24-36 hours and will grade student’s assignments, giving substantive feedback, within 5-6 days of the assignment submission. The adjunct will also carry out administrative responsibilities as directed by their Instructional Mentor, Faculty Support Coordinator, Online Chair, or Online Dean; these administrative tasks include roster verification, reporting items, and timely submission of final grades, etc.Minimum Qualifications:
Adjunct Faculty Teaching Responsibilities include:
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining contact with students and offer assistance to absent students.
- Advise students in matters related to academics and attendance.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
MPH degree and DrPH, other doctorate related to public health, or one of the major degree concentrations – global health, health promotion, nutrition, or epidemiology – offered at Liberty University. Qualified individuals should have a minimum of three years of public health field experience. Experience in monitoring and evaluation, teaching, and manuscript editing are preferred. Prior experience in research and working with institutional review boards is a plus. Experience completing a Practicum course recommended.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience teaching and/or mentoring students in an online environment.Work Hours: