Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Online Adjunct Professor - Master of Public HealthDoes this position require driving?:
Megan Bishop or Dr. Brendan HaynieContact Phone Ext:
434-592-6530 or 434-582-7447Contact Email:
[email protected] or [email protected]Job Summary/Basic Function:
An adjunct faculty in Public Health will be responsible to teach students in online undergraduate and graduate public health courses. Candidates must have the academic credentials to teach in one or more of the following areas: health promotion, environmental health, research methods, biostatistics, global health, epidemiology, or public health nutrition. Teaching responsibilities will include preparing and disseminating weekly announcements, communicating with students via e-mails, preparing course videos, moderating discussion board forums, and grading weekly. The adjunct will be expected to respond to e-mails within 24-36 hours and will grade student’s assignments, giving substantive feedback, within 5-6 days of the assignment submission. The adjunct will also carry out administrative responsibilities as directed by their Instructional Mentor, Faculty Support Coordinator, Online Chair, or Online Dean; these administrative tasks include roster verification, reporting items, and timely submission of final grades, etc.Minimum Qualifications:
Adjunct Faculty Teaching Responsibilities include:
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining contact with students and offer assistance to absent students.
- Advise students in matters related to academics and attendance.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
DrPH, PhD in public health or a PhD/EdD/DO/MD with a Master’s degree in Public Health or a health related field. Candidates must be committed to the evangelical standards and mission of Liberty University.Preferred Qualifications:
-Experience teaching and/or mentoring students in an online environment.Work Hours:
-Graduate from a CEPH accredited program
-CHES and/or CPH certification
-Biostatistics and Environmental Health experience preferred