Position SummaryThe individual in this position supports Audiovisual as well as Distance Learning at the Leonardtown Campus. Adheres with the Help Desk Ticketing software. Provides all end-users supports for all computer types as well as network-based components and software. Also provides support for classrooms, labs, desktops, printing, laptops, and tablets. The incumbent will be expected to aim for high customer satisfaction with their interactions.The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Flexibility is required to cover technology support help desk hours. College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the College's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check and Sex Offender Registry Check. This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm, EDT on Friday, June 4, 2021. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College of Southern Maryland (CSM) is an Aspen Prize Top 150 Community College and offers excellent benefits, including health insurance; State Retirement Pension System; wellness programs; free/discounted entry into CSM fitness centers; and generous leave accruals. CSM also offers Code Green Fridays, with early Friday closures during the summer months; and is closed most major holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year; and for several days in March for Spring Break. Specific Duties and Responsibilities* Provides technical support to technology end-users (desktop, labs, and/or classrooms) with a primary focus on hardware, software and peripheral equipment.Associate’s Degree or equivalent trade school training in a computer/technology related field Minimum two years’ experience in an educational computer support environment.Minimum of one Industry certification in (A+, Net +, Novell CNA/CNE, Microsoft MSP/MCSE or equivalent). Minimum Qualifications and Standards RequiredKnowledge, Skills and Abilities: * Working knowledge of desktop computer operating systems including Command Line, Windows and the ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair desktop PCs and peripherals. • Work experience and proficiency with Microsoft 365, Microsoft Active Directory, Zoom and/ or Google Chrome, Firefox (or other Internet browsers) is desired. • Experience with Microsoft network environment and ability to function as Network Administrator are desired. • Knowledge of audiovisual systems (especially video systems) and the ability to maintain and repair audiovisual equipment desired. • Ability to provide exemplary customer support to a wide variety of users of various expertise through the Help Desk via telecommunication and e-mail support. • Excellent communications (written and oral), customer service and problem-solving skills. • Ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology. • Ability to translate technical terms for non-technical persons. • Experience working in a technical team environment. • Experience providing end-user training and teaching experience desired. • Must maintain insurability for vehicle use under the college’s liability insurance coverage. Physical Requirements: The work is light work which requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
• Provides audiovisual support to college functions including (but not limited to) classroom support, miscellaneous ceremonies, faculty support/projects, student projects and college-supported community sponsored affairs.
• Provides technical support for the college’s high profile events.
• Provides first and second level support for voice telecommunications as required.
• Closely coordinates activities with other IMT technical personnel and technology end-users to ensure the delivery of reliable desktop computing services. Works with the IT Technician III to develop and implement customer support services and procedures.
• Assists in the maintenance of proper documentation for desktop computers, desktop resources, audiovisual/distance learning equipment, video/web conferencing apps utilized at the campus.
• Maintains a high level of technical expertise and stays abreast of current and developing trends in information technology through professional reading, attending industry conferences, and professional development (training, education, and participation in professional associations).
• Assists with diagnostic testing and repairs of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
• Assists with the configuration of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment to meet end user requirements while remaining in compliance with department/college policies, guidelines and configuration standards.
• Relocates existing computer equipment and assist in the installation and configuration of new computers and/or network equipment as required.
• Works with the Software Purchasing Specialist to ensure that software licensing requirements are met/enforced.
• Provides technical support for Distributed Printing, software and peripheral equipment used by the college.
• Assists in stocking and maintaining the college’s computer hardware parts inventory.
• Assists in administering college LANs and assists in installing and maintaining network hardware, cabling, etc. as required at the campus.
• Assists with the technical aspects of the college’s distance learning network and video/web teleconferencing network. Maintains and troubleshoots the systems as required.
• Assists in the installation, operation, maintenance and repairs of college audiovisual and distance learning equipment including but not limited to Smart Podiums.
• Assists in coordinating the distribution and maintenance/repair of the college’s campus-wide closed-circuit television network.
• Maintains an adequate inventory of audiovisual consumables (lamps, batteries, cords, jacks and media recording supplies, etc.) needed to operate, maintain and repair all college audiovisual equipment. Requests purchase of additional inventory as required to maintain adequate stock levels.
• Responsible for development and completion of documentation for work orders.
• Assists in providing proper documentation for department monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Performs an annual equipment inventory at the campus.
• Provides face to face basic training for operation of phone system, computer resources and network resources to end users.
• Provides end user training for new software products, hardware and related technological equipment.
• Provides face to face end users training for the proper operation of audiovisual, distance learning, and VTC equipment.
• Assists in the disposition of technology equipment and adheres to the proper procedures to insure compliance with applicable regulations for disposition.
• Performs other related work as required. Minimum Education and Training