Part-Time Non-Commissioned Security Officer
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Non-Commissioned Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of persons including Lee College employees, students, guests of/and visitors to the campus; the protection of college property, including buildings, grounds, equipment and other assets of the college. The Non-Commissioned Security Officer will provide assistance in emergency situations or conditions, and take action appropriate to the crisis situation within legal limits of the department's authority. This position reports to the Security Chief, Assistant Chief, and Corporals.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol campus grounds and buildings, either by foot or in an authorized college vehicle checking doors, windows, gates, etc. to ensure that they are secured.
- Patrol campus parking areas on a regular schedule, enforce campus parking regulations, and issue citations.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls; respond to requests for assistance regarding lost or stolen property, break-ins, vandalism, etc.
- Contact emergency personnel (i.e., 9-1-1, Baytown Police Department, ambulance service, etc.) when necessary.
- Observe, report, and correct any irregular and unusual conditions and/or safety hazards on campus.
- Investigate and maintain incident reports of all occurrences and complete daily activity reports.
- Assist all persons in complying with college regulations and rules of conduct on campus.
- Provide security coverage for college functions as assigned.
- Provide crowd control when necessary or assigned.
- Pick up and transport deposits to the bank when needed.
- Provide courteous assistance for faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of information exposed in the course of business.
- Contribute to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur.
Additional job duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Carry out established procedures for opening and locking campus buildings, offices, classrooms, etc.
- Provide security escort when needed or as assigned.
- Maintain First Aid certifications as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Scheduled hours are not to exceed 19.5 hours week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment and periodic times during your employment
- Must possess a Level II Non-Commissioned Security certification and/or license for the State of Texas
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must have at least one (1) year of previous security, law enforcement, correctional, or military experience
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holiday hours as needed
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must have skill in problem solving and conflict resolution
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
McNair and/or Liberty Campuses too
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, Level II Non-Commissioned Security certification and/or license for the State of Texas, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6925
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency