Cisco College is accepting applications for the position of a full-time professor for the Vocational Nursing Program. This position requires a Bachelor in Nursing degree with a Master in Nursing degree preferred, a current license or privilege to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Texas, three or more years’ experience as a practicing nurse, evidence of teaching ability, and maintenance of current knowledge and safety. Full time Professors for the Vocational Nursing Program at Cisco College provide instruction in assigned portions of lab, clinical, and participate in didactic instruction. This individual will report to the Director of Health Sciences. The position requires flexible hours and the ability to work well with students, other faculty and clinical site personnel. The position will be based at the Abilene Educational Center of Cisco College. Resume packages will be accepted until the position is filled. Resume packages will be received via email, USPS, and fax, but email is preferred.
CISCO COLLEGE offers a generous benefit package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance. For the medical benefit only, member-only coverage along with $5,000 of basic term life is provided at no cost to the employee. Other coverages are selected by the employee and payment made through payroll deduction.
The benefits of working in higher education are many and allow you to plan well for your future. Cisco College offers retirement savings such as Teacher Retirement System or Option Retirement Plan – for qualified positions. Twelve month employees also receive both sick and vacation leave on a month to month basis.
Cisco College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to almost 4,000 students per semester across two campuses in Cisco and Abilene, Texas. Cisco College is training tomorrow's workforce today through innovation, creativity, and hands-on learning experiences. Cisco College is leading the State in redefining the community college experience to support student success.
The position is a full-time (12 months) position with benefits. Resume packages will be received until the position is filled and will be received via mail, fax, and email, but email is preferred.
Please note: A complete resume package must include a completed and signed Cisco College Application (located on the “Employment” page of our website at www.cisco.edu), CV/resume, cover letter, teaching philosophy, unofficial copy of transcript(s), and copies of certificates/licenses. Please ensure all required documents are included with your submission. Incomplete packages will be returned unprocessed.
Please submit your complete resume package to:
Director of Human Resources
101 College Heights
Cisco, Texas 76437
Cisco College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Vocational Nursing Program Professor
Reports to: Director of Nursing Programs
Updated: April 2021
Responsible for the teaching of theory and clinical experience for an assigned portion of the curriculum.
A Professor of the Vocational Nursing Program is expected to accomplish assigned duties in an efficient, effective and competent manner, and strive for improvement and excellence in all work performed. Additionally, this individual must demonstrate a commitment to the comprehensive role of the community college as described in the Cisco College mission statement. The VN Professor must cooperate and work harmoniously with college personnel and the public, and must follow all Cisco College policies, rules and regulations as they relate to this position.
- Coordinate the students’ learning experience while in the program.
- Teach and revise courses within the philosophy, conceptual framework, and objectives of the vocational nursing curriculum.
- Maintain student attendance in courses.
- Coordinate clinical experiences with classroom theory, guiding students to apply nursing theory to patient care.
- Maintain clinical experience records of assigned students.
- Perform evaluations of students’ clinical performance; review evaluations with students in individual conferences.
- Report to the Student Concerns Committee those students whose attendance, didactic and/or clinical performance is not satisfactory.
- Prepare the weekly schedule of student assignments and distribute to the clinical areas for which the instructor is responsible.
- Assign student case studies, grade the studies and review with the students.
- Critique weekly care plans and drug cards of students assigned to the current clinical group.
- Participate in curriculum revision.
- Participate in program evaluation, according to the program evaluation plan.
- Offer counseling and guidance to students as appropriate.
- Assist with program activities as required.
- Attend all program faculty meetings; attend department and general faculty meetings as requested.
- Serve as a member of assigned committees of the Faculty Organization of the Nursing Programs and on Institutional Committees.
- Assist in decisions regarding student promotion and graduation.
- Attain 20 hours of continuing education bi-annually as required by the Texas Board of Nursing. Develop and pursue a plan to attain additional academic preparation beyond the current degree. Perform all other duties as stated in the Cisco College Employee Handbook. Maintain currency in CPR.
1. Registered Nurse with Current Texas Licensure.
2. Three years of varied nursing experience; actively employed in nursing during the past year, with experience in a clinical setting.
3. Previous teaching experience is desirable.
4. Continuing education beyond the basic nursing degree is desirable.