Full Time Instructor-Electric Autonomous Vehicle
NOTICE OF VACANT POSITION
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancies for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semester on the Faculty staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
Hudson Valley Community College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applicants from minorities and women.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Full-Time Instructor – Electric and Autonomous Vehicle HV-FAC-EAVF21
Applied Technologies Department HV-FAC-EAVF21 Full-Time Probationary, Tenure Track
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: ASE Master Automotive Repair Accreditations (A1-A8) and ASE L3 are required. Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a registered Automotive Technical Services repair facility. Associate’s Degree in Automotive Technical Services from an accredited institution required. Extensive experience with hybrid and electric vehicles is required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or any educational program from an accredited institution, experience with automotive computer networking and automation, and experience teaching within a vocational classroom setting is preferred.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide instruction in the Electric and Autonomous Vehicle and Automotive Technical Services degree programs.
• Develop curriculum within the Electric and Autonomous Vehicle program.
• Work with the Department Chairperson to pursue grant funding.
• Evaluate student performance.
• Engage with industry partners to build pathways for student recruitment, retention and employment.
• Participation on departmental, division wide, and college wide committees for the purpose of building community and fulfilling aspirations of professional development is encouraged and supported.
• At the direction of the Department Chairperson, faculty shall perform duties as specified in the Faculty Contract.