Business Development Coordinator-Workforce Development (Senior Special Programs Coordinator)
Location: Boston, MA Category: Professional Staff Posted On: Mon Oct 19 2020 Job Description:
To meet the workforce demands of the Greater Boston area, BHCC is looking for a dynamic sales-oriented, technology savvy Business Development Coordinator (Senior Special Programs Coordinator) The position requires the development of new in-demand training programs and courses through building relationships and rapport with local employers and community agencies.
Promotes Bunker Hill Community College to area businesses and collaborating agencies and builds a robust client base, serving learners and companies. Interacts with various agencies/individuals (i.e. - attends meetings; serves on and/or chairs committees; works with deans and department heads to develop programs; attends client-related events; represents the college and the assigned department/program at outside events/meetings; communicates with supervisor, local businesses, outside agencies, vendors, and other individuals to coordinate activities, review status of work, exchange information, and resolve problems.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Recruits new clients from local businesses, regional employers, community - based agencies and governmental contracts in the Greater Boston Region.
- Custom designs workforce training solutions, educational programming and student learning opportunities to client needs for online, remote, hybrid or face to face.
- Develops program goals/objectives, assists in budget preparation and grant administration and development, prepares and processes documentation, and manages records.
- Manages clients and in collaboration with Division Staff ensures excellent customer service from beginning to end
- Collaborates with the Career Development and Internship Department and other employer relationship staff to develop and implement a unified strategy to employer outreach.
- Directs other assigned programs and special projects such as the Center for Entrepreneurship within the Division of Workforce and Economic Development; as needed performs project coordination.
- After Dean of Workforce and Economic Development (WFED) approval, prepares and processes instructor agreements and client standard contract agreements for programs under one's charge.
- Recruits and assists with interviewing and selection of new instructors and staff for Workforce and Economic Development Division;
- Collaborates with members of the Division and the College in the creation of the course schedule.
- Collaborates with WFED Dean and Director of Workforce to prepare information for the Integrated Marketing and Communication Department (IMC) to promote programs and provide IMC information to update web pages and other marketing materials.
- Assists in preparing Annual Strategic Planning (ASP) report and other performance outcomes reports for Workforce and Economic Development Division.
- Assists with supporting unemployed students to follow MASSHIRE guidelines.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with department activities. Supports students and provides general customer service for inquires in collaboration using the services of the College and its technology.
- Performs assigned work for implementation of Ellucian Elevate
- Participates in meetings and professional development activities (i.e. - maintains a working knowledge of assigned area; researches new trends and advances in the profession; reads professional literature; attends workshops and training sessions).
- Collaborates with key departments to maintain and strengthen interdepartmental relationships.
- Commitment and eagerness to engage in equity-minded practices
- Performs assigned duties as directed.
- Master's degree in business, workforce education or other related field with a minimum of 3 years sales and/or business development experience with a successful track record of results.
- Experience working with and/or teaching adult learners and diverse populations.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the special needs of adult learners.
- Excellent computer skills and excellent organizational skills with new technologies
- Ability to adapt and be successful in a remote working environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Salary Range: $54,956.00 - $59,209.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade: 5, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By May 28, 2021