DEPARTMENT: OAAE LOCATION: Boston, MA FLSA:
The Associate Director of Advancement & Alumni Engagement operates as a key member of a growing and exciting Advancement department, providing new strategies to continually expand and ultimately lead to a culture of engagement and participation for alumni and donors across Fisher’s main campus in Boston. Working closely with the VP of Advancement and Alumni Engagement, the Associate Director will be responsible for the development, implementation and managing of development events and stewardship programs to cultivate and engage alumni, friends, donors and potential supporters of Fisher College. In addition, the Associate Director, in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications, will be responsible for alumni social media and electronic communication platforms so they may participate in and contribute to the growth and development of the College.
This Associate Director will act as a resource to alumni chapters and other alumni advisory groups. The Associate Director will have the ability to solicit individual and corporate donors for targeted fundraising events and/or secure event sponsorships. The Associate Director will also help grow corporate and strategic partnerships as well as develop a pipeline of new corporate & foundation contributors through grant development.
The successful candidate requires independent initiative and sound judgment, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with campus partners such as student life, admissions, athletics, career services, and academic departments to build significant pathways for alumni and donor participation. As a key representative of Fisher College, exceptionally high standards for internal and external customer relations is of upmost importance. Working within a small, growing, entrepreneurial environment, every staff member is expected to provide support to the broader Team and, Fisher Community as needed. There may be opportunities for the Associate Director to supervise and/or mentor interns.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive alumni engagement plan for alumni involvement in each stage of the alumni life cycle. Manage necessary committee(s) pertaining to alumni.
• Plan events in various locations throughout the state, as well as meaningful volunteer and mentoring opportunities and a robust alumni benefits program.
• Identify and develop professional affinity groups in targeted industries, regions and educational programs.
• Assist with all annual giving, marketing and special event strategies to grow revenue through the Fund for Fisher College
• Under the direction of the VP of Advancement and Alumni Engagement, lead the development, planning and implementation of college-wide stewardship efforts and donor recognition programs.
• Bachelor's degree
• 2 or more years of alumni relations, development or comparable experience.
• Ability to build and steward regional and statewide relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with, motivate, and lead volunteers.
• Goal oriented self-starter who is able to work effectively without much supervision.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and financial transactions.
• Willingness and ability to travel with some evening and weekend work.
• Work professionally in independent and team environment to accomplish objectives.
• A strong knowledge of institutional fundraising.
• Skill in a range of technology platforms.
• Strong analytical and database skills and experience with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent CRM is highly desired.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and differently abled backgrounds of a college community is of paramount importance.