Parkland Community College
The Records Coordinator will coordinate paper records management activities with designated Records Management Representatives (RMR) from all functional areas of the college. The Records Coordinator will work with RMRs to develop retention and disposal schedules and procedures of paper records in accordance with the State of Illinois Local Records Act (50 ILCS 205/). The Records Coordinator will serve as the liaison with the State of Illinois Records Management personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with deans and directors to identify and secure individuals from each functional area to serve in the role of
- Records Management Representative (RMR).
- Develop and maintain RMR resource manual containing regulations, procedures, forms, guides, and other information to aide RMRs in executing their role in records management for their functional area.
- Conduct train the trainer sessions with RMRs on general compliance requirements of retention and disposal of paper records in accordance with the State of Illinois Local Records Act (50 ILCS 205/).
- Serve as liaison with the State of Illinois Records Management personnel.
- Monitor and track regulatory activity college wide to maintain compliance with paper records management and the State of Illinois Local Records Act (50 ILCS 205/).
- Prepare and present status reports for administration.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as appropriate for a Records Coordinator and as a member of the Business Office team.
- Bachelor's degree in humanities, communication, English, information technology, business, or related field; or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of personnel involved in the records management for all functional areas of the college.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Must pass a criminal background check with fingerprinting.
This is a part-time, 19 hours per week position with a pay rate of $16.55/hour. Hours worked will be between Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
Interested candidates may apply at: