The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) is seeking a Seasonal MD Admissions Reader for the 2021-2022 MD program application cycle. Under the supervision of the Senior Associate Dean for Admissions, the incumbent is expected to commit 20 hours per week from early July 2021 through March 2022. Utilizing a holistic evaluation philosophy, he/she will be responsible for thoroughly reviewing academic transcripts, letters of recommendations, personal essays, as well as other application materials, resulting in a detailed and thorough evaluation. The review is comprehensive, taking into consideration each applicant’s personal, academic, and professional credentials within the context of a highly selective admission landscape. The Seasonal MD Admission Reader is required to read at a level that allows completion of weekly targets of applications reviewed, with the number of hours required and the number of applications to be read varying slightly depending on the week and/or month.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Thoroughly reads, critically evaluates, and recommends appropriate interview decisions on highly competitive applications in a committee-based evaluation process
- Analyses application materials for adherence to admission standards set by the MD Admissions Committee
- Maintains steady and frequent communication with the Senior Associate Dean and is receptive to guidance and feedback from team members
- Attends all required training sessions
- Attend weekly check-in meetings as well as staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned