Vice President, Student Success Location:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Vice President, Student Success holds direct management authority and accountability to execute policies and operational initiatives for a department, group of departments, or functional area. Provides leadership for improving student success through student services and student development and through collaborations with instructional leaders. In addition, the VP develops and implements comprehensive programming for Student success and represents a campus within the system and community. The incumbent establishes and maintains partnerships with various individuals, agencies, and businesses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represents the assigned campus given to incumbent; presents materials at local, regional, and national conferences.
- Provides vision and leadership for an integrated student services and student development model that works closely with instruction to create a student-centered system.
- Develops and implements a college-wide comprehensive enrollment management system that integrates the entire student experience from recruitment to retention and includes assessment, advising, counseling, disability services and student life.
- Develops ongoing training, commencement activities, and behavioral intervention team.
- Attends monthly meetings and as needed; serves on numerous campus committees and local boards and committees.
- Manages and maintains the budget on a regular basis.
- Provides leadership for outreach and retention to reflect parity with the service area demographics.
- Represents the college on student services policy and coordination issues within the community, college system, and state.
- Establishes and maintains partnerships and other community relationships that expand the college's ability to serve the community.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to build high performing, student-oriented team
- Ability to provide dynamic and proactive educational leadership
- Ability to design integrated systems and processes
- Ability to establish successful outreach programs to ensure area residents have opportunities in higher education
- Ability and commitment to working collaboratively with an emphasis on college-wide approaches and effective involvement of faculty
- Commitment to promoting diversity in student and employee populations
- Commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college
- Commitment to ensuring student safety through establishment of proactive programs
- Proven effectiveness in allocating and managing resources
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Proven ability to provide innovative and visionary leadership
- Ability to successfully implement effective recruitment and retention programs that reflect the community's diversity
- Expertise in using data to evaluate improvements in processes and their impact on student success
- Ability and skill to develop policies, long range plans, and allocate funds
- Ability to work in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands
- Ability to manage or administer grant funds
- Ability to manage the budget within an assigned department
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Master’s degree and at least 10 years of related work experience, with at least 5 years in a Manager- or Director-level position
Hiring salary: $125,140
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.