Assistant Professor of Organic ChemistryJob Description Summary:
Assistant Professor: Organic Chemistry
The department of Chemistry University of La Verne invites applications for a tenure track position in Organic Chemistry starting fall 2021. Ideal candidates must have a PhD in Organic chemistry and be able to teach introductory, lower- and upper-level courses in these areas as well as develop a rigorous research program involving undergraduate students.
Job requirements, application details and information on department of chemistry info at: https://artsci.laverne.edu/chemistry/ The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups.
- A strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and engaging or developing a research program with undergraduate students. The candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate classes in organic chemistry at the introductory level, upper level, as well as teach special courses for majors and non-majors.
- Be able to complement existing curricular and research programs and engage in interdisciplinary and interdepartmental research offerings
- Serve of relevant committees in departmental, college and university settings
- The position requires a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry
- Experience in teaching undergraduates in area of expertise, both in the classroom and laboratory settings
- Ability to engage undergraduate students in research in area of specialization
- Ability to teach in FLEX program (A freshmen cohort linked chemistry course)
- Postdoctoral and teaching experience
- Specialization in physical organic chemistry.
- Ability to mentor, teach and engage students from diverse backgrounds
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan. Location:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
2018-190187FASpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must apply online at laverne.edu/hr. Application package should include, application, current curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, statement of research interests, statement of teaching philosophy and a list of names and contacts of three references.Open Until Filled: