Job no: 507986
Position Type: Faculty Full Time
Campus: UMass Boston
Pay Grade: 03
Date opened: 14 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Job Description: The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Track Coordinator provides leadership for the curriculum, faculty, and students for the Psych NP track. A major responsibility is to oversee the education of students in the track. The Psych NP track coordinator directly reports to the Graduate Program Director.
- Provides leadership for the implementation and evaluation of the Psych NP track.
- Responsible for developing the syllabi, supportive materials, and examinations for the Psych NP population-based courses.
- Works with the CIPO office and clinical instructors on clinical placements for all students in their clinical year.
- Guides the curriculum of the Psych NP track to meet the requirements of the Board of Registration in Nursing, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties Nurse Practitioner Core and FNP Competencies, American Association of Colleges of Nursing and The Essentials of Masters and DNP Education for Advanced Practice Nursing.
- Ensures that the curriculum evaluation plan is implemented.
- Oversees and liaises with clinical sites utilized by the population courses.
- Participates in the education of students by teaching in population-focused courses.
- Supports and assists clinical faculty in the development of clinical and classroom teaching skills, curriculum materials, and evaluation of student performance.
- Facilitates faculty instruction of students in the didactic/clinical courses.
- Serves as a role model of professional nursing leadership for students in the track.
- Participates in the orientation and recruitment of Psych NP students.
- Monitors academic and clinical progress of Pysch NP students.
- Refers Psych NP students to academic support services as indicated.
- Reviews student applications for admission to the Psych NP track.
- Participates in the orientation of students to the track.
- Clarifies program policies through communication with students.
- Monitors the track to ensure that the evaluation plan is implemented.
- Reviews evaluation data with faculty teaching in the Psych NP track.
- Recommends changes and improvements to the track based on evaluation data
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
This is a benefited 9-month position. Requires current certification as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and Doctoral degree (DNP or PhD). Candidates with a doctoral degree in nursing or related field, prior teaching experience, an active program of practice and/or scholarship are preferred. Salary and rank is commensurate with previous experience. The position will remain open until filled.
To Apply: Submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness, graduate transcripts, and names and contact information of at least three references using the appropriate link below.
For further information, please contact Suzanne Leveille, PhD, faculty search committee chair, [email protected]
UMass Boston is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. We encourage applications from racial minorities, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to consider UMass Boston as their employer of choice. Salary and rank is commensurate with previous experience. The position will remain open until filled.