Staff Full TimeBenefit Status:
Grade 15E - Step 1, $$2,352.21 bi-weeklyApplications Open:
Sep 26 2022 Applications Close:
Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell Police Department is a full-service police agency that serves the University Community and operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. University Police Officers perform a full range of police duties to insure the safety and security of the University community and property.
Women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, 21 years of age or older
- Must have successfully completed a full-time MPTC Academy or equivalent (SSPO academies and NERPI/ part-time do not qualify)
- Must have Class A LTC Firearms License or the ability to obtain one
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Must pass a screening process that includes a background investigation, oral interview, physical fitness test, psychological exam, medical and drug exam
- Certified candidates are expected to fulfill 1 year of service. If an employee fails to fulfill their required year he/she will be required to reimburse the University for their costs (not including the employees salary).
Only internal International Teamsters Union Local 25 Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is an International Teamsters Union Local 25 position, Grade 15E - Step 1, $2,352.21 bi-weekly.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Posting updated 9/26/2022.