Job Title: Federal Work Study III - Peer Career Leader (Autumn)
Department: Career Services
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Student Employment
Employment Status: Student Employment
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $12.00
Schedule: TBD by the needs of department and student schedule between office hours Monday - Friday 8 a.m to 5 p.m. Average 8-12 hours/week, maximum 20 hours per week. Current work plan: Work will be Remote/Virtual.
End Date(if applicable): 8/13/2022
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
Position Overview: Peer Career Advisors (PCL’s) are enthusiastic student leaders who recognize the value of career services and want to support fellow students with their career related needs. PCLs participate in individual peer advising, campus outreach, and event programming and marketing. In addition, PCLs work as office assistants in the Career Services office providing general administrative support and customer service. Responsibilities (Virtual formats as needed)
• Campus Outreach
• Present to clubs and admissions events about Career Services resources
• Co-present/assist with career workshops for student organizations, clubs, etc.
• Help create marketing materials including posters, emails, and social media content
• Promote events/services via presentations, info tables, face-to-face marketing
• Attend and assist at career events
• Assist counselors with Drop-in Career Advising* • Assist students with career-related needs including: résumé and cover letter writingjob and internship search basicsuse of Career Services online resources and CareerQuestinterview skillsknowledge of LinkedIn and other professional resources Front Office Reception & Administration* provide excellent customer service to all who call or visit the front deskassist students with scheduling counseling appointments via Starfishmanage multi-line phone system and email correspondence (as needed)post jobs and internships on CareerQuestassist staff with projects including organization and data entry (as needed)Perform other duties as assigned *PCLs are supported by professional staff and will have access to assistance at all times during office hours. Benefits
Develop insight and vision regarding personal career preparation Gain experience in a professional office setting Improve writing, editing and public speaking/presentation skills Learn to network and collaborate with staff, faculty and other professionals Build communication and interpersonal skills and develop community Increase leadership skills, team-work abilities and overall confidence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of: Career Services department. Columbus State programs, resources, services. Customer Service. Social Media platforms.
Skill in: Verbal and written communication. Social Media use. Design and Photography. (not required). Customer Service. Attention to detail.
Ability to: Take and understand directions. Use social media platforms. Provide clear communication (verbal and written). Work within a team. Provide professional, friendly customer service. Take initiative and exhibit a high level of reliability and professionalism.
This position requires applicants to have Federal Work Study as part of their current Financial Aid package with Columbus State. You must also be enrolled in SIX or more credit hours in a degree or certificate program. Click here for a full explanation of eligibility requirements or visit Nestor Hall 113 to request Federal Work Study if you were not awarded it already. Any applicants without Federal Work Study eligibility will not be considered for this position.
Applicants must have received a high school diploma or a certificate of attendance from an accredited secondary school or a certificate of high school equivalence and be exempt from Ohio Revised Code Chapter 4109.
Must have reliable transportation or other means to get to work regularly.
Students enrolled as Transient, College Credit Plus, Undecided, or otherwise non degree-seeking are not considered eligible for Student Employment.
- Current Columbus State student with at least 2 semesters left before degree completion
- Available to work 8-12hours/week for a full academic year
- Completed at least one (1) semester at CSCC
- Past experience with or interest in Career Services resources and services
- Graphic design, videography, event planning, project management and/or social media experience
- Previous customer service experience
Student Employee Professional Development
Students employed by Columbus State are exposed to professional work environments where they develop many of the important transferable skills necessary for future success in the workforce. We are dedicated to helping students set the stage for professional life through their participation in the following program(s):
- CSTATE GROW (Guided Reflections on Work)
- The program consists of brief, structured conversations between supervisor and student to reflect on and integrate what they are learning.
- Effective Autumn 2020, all student employees and their functional supervisors will participate.
- Career and Leadership Development Program (CLDP)
- The program consists of paid competencies-based career and leadership development activities designed by Career Services.
- Effective Autumn 2020, all Tier/Level III Positions will participate.
Career competencies you can expect to learn through Student Employment:
Career Management Intercultural Fluency ProfessionalismCriticalThinking/Problem Solving Leadership ResilienceDigital Technology Oral/Written Communications Teamwork/Collaboration