Executive Director of Facilities
Job DetailsLevel UndisclosedJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLRemote Type N/APosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category FacilitiesDescription
The Executive Director of Facilities provides strategic leadership, coordination, and administrative oversight to the entire range of functions and services involved in the effective development and management of the College’s physical resources. Specifically, this position is responsible for construction and capital renewal programs, building and grounds maintenance including custodial services, environmental health & safety, and space management and utilization. Flagler College is comprised of 35 buildings and one parking garage, including several historic properties, equating to 780,000 gsf. The Campus spans nearly 90 acres including 53 maintainable acres.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and strategic leadership for the diverse workforce within the following departments: custodial services, building maintenance, grounds, and environmental health & safety
- Fosters a positive and productive working environment with an emphasis on collaboration and communication; provides flexible, responsive, and high quality customer service and customer satisfaction within the division and with College students, faculty, staff, alumni and stakeholders we serve
- Establishes goals and objectives for maintenance and operations. Provides guidance to the department
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures, and work quality. Assesses and monitors workload
- Personally directs and coordinates the Capital Renewal program and all construction related activities. Manages design and construction proposals, bidding process, and awards. Monitors all capital project activities, including planning, design, construction administration, quality inspections and close-out
- Assists in the development of short and long-range facility renovation and renewal priorities, including a 10 year Master Plan, a deferred maintenance plan including a 5 year critical repair plan; including data collection and tracking of deferred maintenance, and preventative maintenance, strategic plans, and the facility master plan
- Provides leadership and guidance to achieve greater energy efficiencies in all facilities operations; lead initiatives to obtain energy efficiencies, and promote responsible and productive sustainability/green-focused efforts
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing level to effectively and efficiently accomplish the division’s goals and objectives; and develops and enforces expectations for performance and standards for level of service; oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of all department staff
- Ensures that all employees adhere to College policies and procedures, and meet all legal and safety standards in the performance of assigned duties
- Directs and participates in the development and administration of the departmental operating budget; monitors and approves operating expenditures along with capital expenditures
- Responds to and coordinates response to facilities emergency situations and problems during regular shifts, nights, weekends and holidays; coordinates and responds to inclement weather as appropriate
- Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive inquiries from staff and the public
- Actively engages with other areas of the College to ensure a spirit of College-wide collaboration, collegiality, civility and teamwork
- Serves as liaison with outside agencies and other governmental agencies on matters pertaining to maintenance operations
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new trends and best practices in the fields of capital construction, maintenance and plant operations
- Other duties as assigned
Applications for this position will be accepted until filled.Qualifications
- Bachelors’ Degree required, preferably in engineering, architecture, construction management, or related field. A Master's Degree is desirable.
- Verifiable experience in,
- facilities management within a residential higher education institution
- supervising trades, custodial and ground staff,
- capital planning
- working with contractors in the construction field.
- operations management,
- developing and managing varying operational budgets
- managing the maintenance of residence halls
- trades and materials related to management and maintenance of facilities, i.e. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, fire prevention systems, access/security systems, etc.
- Experience working within a diverse campus community with a wide variety of constituencies and diverse student population.
- Ability to build and maintain harmonious working relationships.
- A well organized, detailed and self-directed individual who exhibits a high level of integrity; one who can navigate varying rules, regulations and process as it relates to higher education and maintenance; who can prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization; a team player who possesses excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
Flagler College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Flagler College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the College has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex and gender may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR), or both. Contact information for the above referenced Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the College’s Sexual Harassment Policy can be found here: www.flagler.edu/title-ix .