Chief of Staff - Georgetown University's Department of Human Resources
Chief of Staff - Georgetown University's Department of Human Resources
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Chief of Staff and Senior Director of HR (COS) is a critical senior leader in the Department of Human Resources. Reporting to the Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer (VP & CHRO), the Chief of Staff partners closely with the VP & CHRO in managing both strategic priorities as well as the tactical execution of the HR agenda. The Chief of Staff coordinates across the University and within the HR leadership team to ensure effective operations among various parties and coordinates and manages essential activities within HR. He/she also provides definition and execution of strategic operational projects and initiatives - to include leading all aspects of the project including scheduling, resourcing, development and implementation, working with internal and external areas within HR to roll out projects.
The COS works on behalf and at the direction of the VP & CHRO interacting regularly with key university stakeholders, acting as a designee in the absence of the VP & CHRO, providing guidance and counsel on HR related matters, and engaging with the HR Leadership team. The COS will develop and manage agendas for leadership meetings, follow up on action items, and drive for decisions when appropriate to ensure the HR strategy advances in a timely and collaborative manner.
Ensures communication and messaging is streamlined across functional areas within HR, and more broadly across the University. Represents HR on committees and working groups as appropriate and to internal and external stakeholders. Responsible for overseeing the creation and on-going maintenance of the HR Dashboard, monitoring functional reporting. Manage internal development of HR staff, ensuring continuous building of capabilities and skills for effective HR management.
The Chief of Staff is a member of the VP & CHRO's leadership team and serves as an advisor and liaison to the VP & CHRO. The COS reports directly to the VP & CHRO along with the AVP of Talent Management, AVP of Benefits and Executive Assistant. The COS serves in a confidential capacity to the VP & CHRO on matters of strategy, operations and other significant human resources issues. Under the general supervision of the VP & CHRO, this position supports the day-to-day management of the Department of Human Resources, interacting with leadership and staff of all functional areas within HR including Employee and Labor Relations, Compensation, HRIS, HR Partnerships, Talent Acquisition, and Learning and Development. This position also communicates externally with campus leaders including but not limited to the Office of the COO, UIS, Financial Affairs, IDEAA, the Office of General Counsel, and all academic campuses.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related field required.
- 5-7 years of management experience in a complex environment is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong managerial ability.
- Ability to interact and influence at the most senior levels of an organization and to work collaboratively across functions, levels and departments toward shared objectives.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including comfort with public presentations to a wide range of audiences. Ability to research a diverse array of topics and distill the key messaging for the VP/CHRO.
- Strong data management skills, with the ability to interpret complex data.
- Excellent technical skills, including financial interpretation and analysis skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on a timely and organized basis.
- Sound management skills, ability to think strategically while balancing several complex agendas.
- Established skills in planning and managing multiple, diverse and organizational needs
- Must have demonstrated expertise in understanding the full life cycle of human resources
- Strong focus on execution of deliverables, while preserving relationships and positive regard
- Prior experience as a chief of staff strongly preferred
- Prior experience in Higher Education preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/2115-Wisconsin-Ave-6th-Floor/Chief-of-Staff---Georgetown-University-s-Department-of-Human-Resources_JR10205
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency