University of La Verne
Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry
Job Description Summary:
Assistant Professor: Organic Chemistry
The department of Chemistry University of La Verne invites applications for a tenure track position in Organic Chemistry starting fall 2021. Ideal candidates must have a PhD in Organic chemistry and be able to teach introductory, lower- and upper-level courses in these areas as well as develop a rigorous research program involving undergraduate students.
Job requirements, application details and information on department of chemistry info at: https://artsci.laverne.edu/chemistry/
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups. The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
- A strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and engaging or developing a research program with undergraduate students. The candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate classes in organic chemistry at the introductory level, upper level, as well as teach special courses for majors and non-majors.
- Be able to complement existing curricular and research programs and engage in interdisciplinary and interdepartmental research offerings
- Serve of relevant committees in departmental, college and university settings
- The position requires a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry
- Experience in teaching undergraduates in area of expertise, both in the classroom and laboratory settings
- Ability to engage undergraduate students in research in area of specialization
- Ability to teach in FLEX program (A freshmen cohort linked chemistry course)
- Postdoctoral and teaching experience
- Specialization in physical organic chemistry.
- Ability to mentor, teach and engage students from diverse backgrounds
La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency