Assistant Professor - Kinesiology
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-13
Job TitleAssistant Professor - KinesiologyAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentHealth & Human PerformanceProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Health and Human Performance is seeking faculty for a tenure track position for an Assistant Professor of Health & Human Performance. This position will begin Fall 2021.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in health, kinesiology, exercise science, sport studies, and/or athletic training (4/4 or 3/3 load). Candidate must be able to teach courses in the following undergraduate programs: B.S. in Kinesiology (teacher education or exercise science); minor in Athletic Training. The successful candidate will develop relationships within the department and university for scholarship in health and human performance and maintain an active and collegial professional profile. The successful applicant will advise students, supervise student research, establish a research/scholarly agenda, serve on department and university committees, and seek funding within and outside of the university. Other duties as assigned.
Individuals must have a doctorate in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or related field. Preference will be given to individuals who have higher education teaching experience, have a strong record of or potential for research, and experience supervising/advising students.
The position is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank. Summer teaching is optional but not guaranteed. The position will primarily serve the Kinesiology and Athletic Training Programs but may contribute to other graduate and undergraduate courses in the department of Health and Human Performance. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
Texas A&M University-Commerce offers more than 100 degrees at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels to over 12,000 students. Located one-hour East from downtown Dallas, Commerce is a community with a rich combination of local music, festivals and other unique entertainment. Texas A&M University Commerce is actively working towards Hispanic Serving Institution status in order to better serve this fastest-growing demographic group of the state and region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate, masters or doctoral level courses in the areas of health, kinesiology, exercise science, sport studies, and/or athletic training
- Provide service to the department, college, university , and community
- Coordinate the graduate programs offered by the Department of Health & Human Performance
- Coordinate the undergraduate athletic training minor
- Develop relationships within the department and university for scholarship in health, kinesiology, exercise science, sport studies, and/or athletic training
- Establish a research/scholarly agenda
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
- Education: The candidate must have earned a doctoral degree in one of the following areas: Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or related field. ABD will be considered.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: The candidate should demonstrate a teaching competency and effectiveness in the following areas: kinesiology, exercise science, and athletic training. Must have primary teaching experience at the university level. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to establish and pursue research and scholarship, and will be expected to serve on thesis committees/projects and advise undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Athletic Training certification through the BOC, Texas Athletic Trainer license, American Red Cross instructor certification for CPR/AED/First Aid, and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- University level teaching experience of Kinesiology, Exercise Science, and Athletic Training
- Ability to advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Understanding of the educational process/requirements for students to become eligible for the Texas athletic trainers license or for students to pursue a graduate athletic training degree. Ability to advise and mentor students in the athletic training minor, and to work collaboratively with the athletic training staff in athletics.
- Ability to coordinate graduate programs.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Commitment to diversity and working in multicultural contexts.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Supervision of graduate assistants, practicum students and student interns as needed.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.