Accountant II (S03575)
Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-12
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitleAccountant II (S03575)Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Office of Business Services (OBS), has need for a full-time, Accountant II position #S03575. If you enjoy analyzing financial data/reports and conducting audits, reconciling accounts, this is the job for you! The work schedule is Monday – Friday, and hours may vary between 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., including some evenings and weekends. This is a non-bargaining, exempt position.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
This accounting work requires the understanding and application of formal accounting principles and practices to ensure financial record keeping and procedures meet acceptable standards.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Reviews, maintains and reconciles accounts, making adjustments,
corrections, and journal entries as appropriate; prepares periodic and special
reports and statements.
• Performs reconciliation activities of government withholdings and direct
• Traces discrepancies in accounts, financial documents, data entries, reports
and records and makes corrections.
• Compiles data from account records to create and maintain computer
spreadsheets for posting, maintaining, analyzing, and reporting financial
• Researches and processes charge-backs.
• Assists with year-end external reporting.
• Responds to inquiries from College units, vendors, and financial institutions
regarding accounts and transactions; searches account records and
transaction files for information to answer inquiries.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Job Description
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of professional accounting experience. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) recommendations; of laws and regulations governing accounting procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software capabilities and accounting applications.
- Skill in operating within an integrated application business environment (i.e., all business applications are integrated into one system and requires communication and understanding of all).
- Skill in using standard office equipment, including computers, computer applications, and software, communicating accounting information, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to maintain a group of accounts, and organize work to set priorities and meet deadlines, communicate and work effectively with others within and outside of the organization, to interpret financial and accounting data, and provide appropriate analysis for management’s use in decision making.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree
Salary Range: $59,448 to $77,272 (annually). Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. New hires do not typically start beyond the mid-point of the range.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Cover letter preferred
- Online applications must be received by Wednesday, May 19, 2021
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.Closing DateWednesday, May 19, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.