Part-time Faculty WDCE CNA/GNA Instructor
Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-05-13
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty WDCE CNA/GNA InstructorJob Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching CNA/GNA Instructor. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
•The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not
constitute an assignment.
•The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment
and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching and reinforcing student’s understanding of course material in accordance with the Maryland Board of Nursing approved curriculum and NNAAPP standards in the classroom and clinical
- Teaching course material using adult learning principles
- Supervising classroom laboratory experiences and providing student evaluation
- Providing supervision and clinical evaluation of each student at the clinical training site
- Current registered nurse licensure in Maryland
- Current Basic Life Support – Healthcare Provider Certification (if hired, must be current prior to start of first class depending on area and location of instruction).
- Demonstrate multicultural competence the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools.
- If hired, the following immunizations and documentation will be required prior to the start of clinical Instruction: A TB test or chest x-ray showing no evidence of tubercular disease especially if there is a history of testing positive. In addition, if there is a history of a positive TB result, completing a positive TB test questionnaire is required every 2 years. Clinical agencies also require documented evidence (titers) of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B (immunizations series may be in progress with titer obtained at its conclusion). In addition, knowledge of varicella (chicken pox) immune status by blood titer is required, and seasonal flu vaccine
- Must be able to travel to various sites to teach classroom and clinicals via assignment when it is deemed safe due to COVID 19
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor
- Nursing Assistant Instructor (in addition to above qualifications)
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical and teaching experience
- Have a minimum of 2 years of nursing experience, at least 1 year of which was in caring for the elderly or chronically ill in the past 5 years
- Complete a course with a minimum of 16 hours of instructions in the principles of adult education (Ex. Train the Trainer or enrolled in master’s program), OR have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience (nurses, nursing assistants, medicine aides)
- Must be eligible to be approved by the Maryland Board or Nursing based on the above qualifications
- Master’s degree and/or Bachelor’s Degree in nursing but not required
- Online applications must be received by June 13, 2021
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.Closing DateSunday, June 13, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.