Grants Compliance Specialist (S03815)
Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-11
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitleGrants Compliance Specialist (S03815)Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Advancement & Community Engagement, Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs, located in Rockville, MD, has an immediate need for a full-time Grants Compliance Specialist. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. This is a non-bargaining, exempt, grade 27 position. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
The Grants Compliance Specialist oversees federal, state, and local grant awards and activities for compliance with terms and conditions of grant funding. The incumbent is the primary liaison between the funding agency and the department/unit performing work under the grant award for budgetary and contractual matters. The incumbent provides training and technical assistance to all principal investigators and project directors to aid in the appropriate expenditure of grant monies and the appropriate management of grant projects. In-depth knowledge of Uniform Guidance and judicious compliance with frequently changing federal regulations are necessary. This requires consistent review and monitoring of regulations across multiple governmental funding entities, with timely interpretation, dissemination and application of the regulations for active grants/contracts.
The work is varied in nature and duties are applied to a broad range of activities. There is authority to affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices. Regular contacts are with administrators, faculty, staff, and grant funding agencies.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Confirms compliance with all grant terms, conditions, and Uniform Guidance as applicable.
- Conducts detailed review of grant award documentation and frequently communicate with principal investigators, project directors, project team, and Finance staff.
- Provides orientation, training, and regular technical assistance to awardees and sub-recipients in compliance procedures and strategies for facilitating effective management of grant activities including timely and appropriate expenditure of grant funds, sub-recipient monitoring, procurement procedures, programmatic reporting, and time and effort reporting. Work with Finance, other Grants Office staff and the Office of E-Learning, Innovation and Teaching Excellence (ELITE) staff to conduct regular grant training opportunities for College administrators, faculty and staff.
- Communicates with PIs, grant accountants, and others responsible for reporting regarding programmatic reports, financial reports, effort certification (time and effort) reports, and closeout reports due dates and requirements to ensure readily accessible audit trails for grant project monitoring.
- Reviews all grant documentation prior to submission to the funding agency and serves as the primary contact for funding agencies, and liaison between the funding agency and the department/unit.
- Oversee the data management of grant records and grant data reporting. Serves as Grants Office lead for grants module of the College’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) database, including reviewing accuracy and completeness of information. Enters and maintains grant records in database. Creates and runs grant-related reports from the database. Collaborates with Information Technology (IT) as needed to ensure data integrity.
- Creates, implements, and monitors electronic and hardcopy recordkeeping strategies and procedures for grant awards including archiving practices, maintenance of records retention schedule, and distribution of appropriate communications to principal investigators regarding reporting due dates, readily accessible audit trails for grant project monitoring and appropriate procedures for closing out grants.
- Reviews current grants management and compliance procedures and recommend improvements to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Regularly provides content updates for the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs website to publicize strategies for effective grants management. Maintains and updates grant manuals, grants-related forms, and other grants management tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in public and/or business administration, or accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in grants management and monitoring, with at least three years devoted to compliance practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Uniform Guidance.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of grants management; of the laws, rules, policies, procedures, and methods governing the administration of government grants; of research methods; of procuring and implementing grant and contract modifications and amendments; of funding sources, personnel, and decision-makers.
- Strong technical skills including MS Word, Excel, grants management databases, cloud-based platforms such as One-Drive and Dropbox, and virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Master’s degree.
- Grants management certification.
- Experience with pre-award and/or proposal development.
- Experience in a higher educational grants or sponsored programs office.
- Experience with Banner and/or Workday.
Salary Range: $59,448 to $77,272 annually. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity.
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by June 18, 2021
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateFriday, June 18, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.