13-May-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the Administrative Assistant position in the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position will perform a wide range of administrative office and support tasks for Agricultural Research.
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls.
- Create and manage travel & expense reports using PeopleSoft for faculty and staff when necessary.
- Create and manage electronic requisitions through PeopleSoft.
- Compile and prepare documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, and memos.
- Handle processing of credit card statements, invoices, and PANs.
- Handle and process funds received for meat and processing sales.
- Attend to general clerical duties including photocopying, faxing and mailing.
- Maintain calendars for scheduling of conference room use.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system as well as retrieve documents from filing system.
- Resolve/troubleshoot problems related to printers and copiers in the Stallworth Research Building.
- Manage calendars and emails using Microsoft Outlook.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Pick up mail from post office as well as distribute mail to various offices as required.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Handle all fleet of vehicles for the Agricultural Research Station.
- Prepare announcement flyers for seminars when necessary.
- Assist the Senior Administrative Assistant as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
Associate Degree from an accredited institution.Three (3) or more years of relevant experience, preferably in an educational environment.Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and recordkeeping.Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.Strong verbal and written communication skills.Ability to plan and organize.Ability to prioritize, assess and solve problems, gather and monitor information.Attention to details and accuracy.Ability to maintain confidentially of work-related information and materials.Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com