13-May-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the Research Professional position in the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
Fort Valley State University's College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology (CAFST) is seeking an Agribusiness or applied economist for 12 month non-tenure track research (100%) assistant research professor level to develop and/or lead a nationally recognized research program in any area of Agribusiness/agricultural economics that is directed towards farm-level decision making. Specific areas of interest include Agribusiness, rural development, food security/safety, risk management, climate change and technology adoption. Research is expected to be of a quality resulting in publications in leading disciplinary analysis skills and experience working with layered data sets related to agricultural economics.
- Write two (2) to four (4) grants per year and obtain funding for at least two (2).
- Supervises the implementation of the grants/proposals and the integrity of the work to make sure that it is on point.
- Keeps track of the administration and collection of the data, i.e. updating, purging, and ensuring that it is correct in every aspect.
- Makes sure that the data meets the minimal compliance and reporting requirements of the funding agency and university policies and procedures.
- Supervises research professionals and assistants.
- Collaborates with other colleagues, other researchers and institutions.
- Provide leadership in Agribusiness research programs working with socially and historically disadvantaged farmers in Georgia, particularly, the Black Belt Region.
- Other duties as may be necessary for the successful performance of this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong interpersonal skill, excellent organizational skills, demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Ph.D. degree in Agribusiness/agricultural economics or economics.
- Research program related to Agribusiness or agricultural economics in the United States with publications in disciplinary refereed journal.
- Demonstrated success in communicating research to a wide array of audiences.
- Demonstrated record of extramural funding that supports and results in peer-reviewed research publications.
- Demonstrated ability to work with an engage diverse colleagues and students.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com