Postdoctoral Fellow Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to complete work and to meet deadlines
Willingness and ability to work with research animals
Ability to work independently with only general supervision
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong prioritization and organizational skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases or willingness to learnPreferred
- Previous research experience with mouse handling and any surgical experience is preferred.
- Candidates with strong background in cell/molecular biology are preferred (e.g. transcriptional regulation/signaling pathways/non-coding RNAs using multiple experimental techniques including cell culture, RNA analysis, chromatin immunoprecipitation, Western blot, immunoprecipitation and immunohistochemistry analyses).
- Experience in Flowcytometry is an added advantage.
- The successful candidate must have a good publication record.
Responsibilities A training position designed to learn through engagement in an advanced level of scientific technical and administrative work in support of research efforts in an assigned laboratory or clinical research setting. Participate in research data collection and documentation within relevant guidelines and protocols; develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; publish results in scientific journals. Perform a variety of complex chemical, biological, cytologic, microscopic, histologic, surgical, clinical, statistical/computational and dissection procedures. The major emphasis of the position will include studying molecular pathways that regulate angiogenesis in peripheral artery disease (PAD). The incumbent will participate in a multiplicity of relevant lab projects and in writing papers, presenting the research at international conferences and helping the PI with grant applications. The incumbent is expected to develop independent research programs as time permits. The incumbent is also be expected to attend and participate in laboratory meetings and department seminars, work with technicians, fellows and collaborators in the laboratories involved in the project. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis. Perform a variety of complex biological, cytologic, microscopic, histologic, surgical, clinical, statistical/computational and dissection procedures.
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; Review articles prepared by others.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work. Advise principal investigators, other PostDocs, students, and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. Salary: $36,197/Annually - $47,476/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.